Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tonight? 29th

Options
  • 29-01-2004 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Okay so tonight is the big 250 euro game in the fitzwilliam...

is there a free entry game on before it?

if so what time?
    :dunno:
    And do the winners of the free entry game get entry into
    the game later or for the next month?

answer me dammit !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think the 250euro game starts at about 9.30pm
    There the free entry satellite before it starting at 6.30pm afair, and it'll probably be more fast and furious than usual so that its finished by 9pm or so.

I think the winners of tonights free entry get into tonight 250euro game.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

nb: buy in and top ups are 15 eurons as opposed to 10 because they have to make the money up quicker.. if you get me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I played in the 6:30 last month, there was a good turn out - over 40, but the buy-ins were €15 as the the buy-in period is only half the time - about 40 mins. The blinds go up fast so it's abit more luck than skill. The ticket winners play the €250 game that follows.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

A mate said there only turned out to be one or two entries last month but as people get knocked out of the qualifier they try to organise single table tournament for €30 which to my mind presents a better opportunity than the big qualifier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

So how did everyone get on after last night?
    Personally I went out at the second last table of the free satellite and my bank balance wouldn't let me have a go at the 250euro game.
    A mate of mine got knocked out early and decided to play some blackjack. His 10euro free bet (first timer) had been earlier turned into €50, which he then turned into nearly €280, and he walked away from the table with about €170 after his luck started to change. I was watching him for a while and there was about 3 Asian guys betting on him at one stage!

How did Boards do in the €250 game?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I left about 1am and Gerire looked like he was chip leader - about 30 left at that stage. i would say he had a good chance of at least picking up some cash - unless he did something foolish.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

OMG I cant beleive it I came ****ing 5th, Firstly making it to the final table was excellent, from about the time there was 15 left I just sat back and threw away nearly everything and let the lower players knock each other out. It then lingered on 10 players for a while but eventually we got to the final table.

The whole night was a complete buzz, tried not to think of the money but its hard not to when there was so much on offer, Prize money was something like this
    1st €7600 << 400 was taken off the top when there was 6 of us for ages and decided that he shouldnt loose out as we were all playing for so long
    2nd €3500
    3rd €2000
    4th €1200
    5th and 6th €800
    7th, 8th &9th €400
    Total pot 17000.

Was sitting with 35000 chips for a good while waiting for any kind of hand to bet with, eventually I got 88 nothing too impressive but worth playing with. Davey Devil to my left went all in for 55000+ so I called All In, he showed A 10 damond and hit an A on 4th street I think. He was still playing away and was probably 3rd highest out of the 4.

Hope you got on well in the end Davey.
    Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

congratulations to gerire and davey devil from boards. wasn't there meself but was curious as to how the big night would go.

was there any biggish names in for the night that anyone recognised ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well done Gerire and Davey Devil. I saw Noel Furlong, Liam Flood & Roy "The Boy" Brindley in for it. There were a few other professional pokery looking guys but I don't know all of the names.

• Advertisement

Crazy night. On the first table Ex-World Series Winner Noel Furlong was sitting first to my left. He went out about 2 hrs, his 4,4 was called by a pair of aces. I was glad to see him go but great to say I've sat next to a World champ. Later on in the night I was at Boy Brindley's table. He was fairly sort stacked and never in with a chance. Big turning point for me came when I had about 6,000 and the blinds were about 500/1000. I went all in on A,9 suited and was called by A,K. Got lucky, hit a flush on the river and from then on I never looked back. Made the final table and was drawn next to Gerire, he lost out on one of those's 50/50's which had been going my way all night. Down to the final three with "Stormin" Norman and some other regular don't know his name. At this stage the blinds were up to 10000/20000. It was crazy. Every round of betting was, All-in, fold, fold. was sitting on about 60,000 which was crap when you consider the blinds. After about an hour of the roundabouts that guy, not Norman went all-in I called with Ace 3, he showed a pair of 5's. Looking like curtain's for me but the flop came down with an Ace and no help for him . Down to final 2. Another half hour or so of all-in's and folding it was about 4:45 am, Norman was 4:1 chip leader at least at this stage. I went all-in on A,5 he called quickly and turned over K's. I hit an Ace on the flop but Norman had the good fortune to hit another King on the flop also and went away with first prize. Could not be happier with €3,150(€250 tip for the dealers, Norman gave €500) off an investment of €0. See ya there next week Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

go on davey ya legend. knew u'd do it. davey for president.

i'd buy u a pint, but seeing as u can afford arround 750 - 1000 pints with that, i'll let u get them in.

your my hero devil

i cant wait for you to buy me some beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

pld davey. all those lunch time poker games paid off.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

way to represent TN davey, congrats

i taught him everything he knows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Well done Davey boy, was just curling up in bed as you were still playing. That guy Norman was good id been watching him all night as I started on the same table as him.
    I learnt so much from the event and will be writing up a little peice on all the tips and advice I got hopefully.

BTW Dave did he at any stage offer you a deal, split prizes etc, just out of interest.
    And did they confirm if the second seat you won CAN carry forward till next month?

Also does anybody know what paper the results are posted in as Luke was saying to me thatall the results are printed in a paper and I forsot to ask which?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Well done Davey! I didn,t have a great night myself. Went all in with kings against queens and got beat by a set. Ah well. Looking forward to the next one.

MrP

Originally posted by gerire

BTW Dave did he at any stage offer you a deal, split prizes etc, just out of interest.
    And did they confirm if the second seat you won CAN carry forward till next month?

When it was down to three they wanted to make a deal. I was the smallest stack at that stage but I said I didn't want to do a deal. We didn't even get to suggest what the deal would be because I said no straight away.

Yeah my entry into next month is already secured but I'll be playing in next month's satellite's to try get a ticket for March.

davey will you pay for my ticket for next month, ill put up the registration fee :D

Advertisement