Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your most hated Star Trek Character?

Options
  • 29-01-2004 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is the security officer from Enterprise. Malcom or something. I hate him. He is such a stuck up twat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Wesley Crusher.

Neelix

Quark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wesley Crusher

i forgot about him. I liked Quark. Neelix is okay. Odo annyoed me alot near the end of DS9.

But that Malcom guy is the worst, especially when he stood up to the commandos. He thought he knew better but he just looks like a little weakling trying to play soldier.

I found Tom Paris annoying in the first season of Voyager but he developed into a better character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

wesley crusher

all enterprise characters, cept the vulcan and the translator cos they're hot

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye neelix kinda annoys me alright but i like quark think hes quite a good character, the grand negus zek kinda annoyed sometimes more the voice though, also kes sometimes as i can't stand that goody goody crap

mayweather kinda annoys me in enterprise as i don't think he has much of a role/storyline more like we better through in a black guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Wesley crusher.
    I didnt like micheal editingon when he was DS9 security chief but when he went rouge i liked him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Chakotay (sp?) is by far the most wooden actor/character of all time (not including Bill Shatner). I hated the episodes that centred around his native american heritage.

I have this theory that people who dislike Wesley Crusher were really just jealous of his character. They wanted to be doing what he was doing. The guy was a decent actor.

davej

I have a problem with the charactor more than i do the actor.

The worst episode of VOY was that one with chakotay when he is haveing a mind fit and he thinks he is some boxer (the kayotic space episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

So many to choose from.

Neelix (need I say more)from Voyager, followed by Chakotay(stuffed shirt).
    Quark from DS9 - damn ferengi
    Riker from TNG, over-confident sleaze -"My jokes are funny"
    Every human character on Enterprise.

I liked Wesley Crusher. Was about the same age as him through the run of the series, so always aspired to him as a kid.

mayweather kinda annoys me in enterprise as i don't think he has much of a role/storyline more like we better through in a black guy

Mmm, forgot about him

Says it all really ;)

yeah i'm sure i would have been a wanna be wesley crusher when i was watching it when i was around his age in it also.

i can't believe people are laying the smackdown on quark though, quark was a great character really added something to ds9, the banter between himself and odo was great and the character development to begrudging respect for each other i think was also good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I really like quark, Think hes a great character!

The character i hate more than anyone else has to be Luxana Troy! I just want to hit her!

i'd say:

1.Luxana Troy
    2.Neelix
    3.chakotay
    4.Q
    5.Dr polasky

I'm just gonna pretend enterprise doesn't exist. Horrible piece of junk.

BTW Deep sace 9 is on most nights ~1 on sky. Just started the last series last night, so its all the episodes coming to the end of the war. Great stuff in my opinion. Can't wait to get all the ds9 boxsets. Once i get the cash together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

1. Wesley Crusher
    2. Kai Winn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Originally posted by Xithus
    Kai Winn
    Definitly.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Captain hair-piece from voyager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Ok I think we probably have to draw a distinction between "most hated" and "worst" character. Kai Winn was quite a good character in a love to hate her sort of way. Chakotay, Neelix et al are crap characters in a wish they didn't exist sort of way.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Wesley Crusher,get captured by the borg, get turned into a Borg drone, the crew cant do anything to help him so kill him, and give the Parts to Dr Crusher to remember her son, so she hangs them up on her offices wall,now thats an episode id watch, oh and the charater i hate is Wesley Crusher

Originally posted by davej
    Ok I think we probably have to draw a distinction between "most hated" and "worst" character. Kai Winn was quite a good character in a love to hate her sort of way. Chakotay, Neelix et al are crap characters in a wish they didn't exist sort of way.

davej

hmm forgot kai winn i hated all religous crap associated with ds9 and kai winn used to do my head so much i'd have loved for someone to have just smacked her one i suppose thats good acting though :)

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    I really like quark, Think hes a great character!

The character i hate more than anyone else has to be Luxana Troy! I just want to hit her!

i'd say:

1.Luxana Troy
    2.Neelix
    3.chakotay
    4.Q
    5.Dr polasky

I'm just gonna pretend enterprise doesn't exist. Horrible piece of junk.

BTW Deep sace 9 is on most nights ~1 on sky. Just started the last series last night, so its all the episodes coming to the end of the war. Great stuff in my opinion. Can't wait to get all the ds9 boxsets. Once i get the cash together

I am surprised to see someone say they dont like Q. He is one of most poeples faverate charactors. What about his is it you dont like? Is it the acting or the whole charactor (infinite power)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Adminittedly the character changed a lot through the seasons. He received the same treatment the Borg did in Voyager. Although I did like seeing how he related to the rest of the Q continuum.

hmm forgot kai winn i hated all religous crap associated with ds9 and kai winn used to do my head so much i'd have loved for someone to have just smacked her one i suppose thats good acting though

While I didn't like the storyline, I think she was a great actress ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Deanna Troi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by ecksor
    Deanna Troi.

Why?

I thought her character was alright. Not great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Painway.....that voice oh god that voice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Originally posted by magick
    Wesley Crusher,get captured by the borg, get turned into a Borg drone, the crew cant do anything to help him so kill him, and give the Parts to Dr Crusher to remember her son, so she hangs them up on her offices wall,now thats an episode id watch, oh and the charater i hate is Wesley Crusher

Yeah, I'd like to see that one.

What a little knob he was. Needed a good slappin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    While I didn't like the storyline, I think she was a great actress ;)

Well she did win an oscar... I hated the character but thought she did a good job acting it.

I also hated Wesley Crusher he just bugged the crap outa me

i didn't like her in one flew over the cuckoo's nest either but perhaps i was just prejudiced from star trek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I am surprised to see someone say they dont like Q. He is one of most poeples faverate charactors. What about his is it you dont like? Is it the acting or the whole charactor (infinite power)

I'm not quite sure exactly why I disliked him. He did have some good lines, my favourite being " Hello worf, eaten any good books lately". He was also played well.

I definately didn't like his episodes. I found them to be boring. I suppose i associate him with those awfull episodes. Come on, an episode about wanting to bed janeway. That boring episode with the trapped Q was very slow moving.

I know most people like him but then I love the character Quark unlike others.

To each his own!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Quark the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Wesley crusher
    Tuvok
    Cassidy yates
    Beverly crusher
    Kathryn Janeway
    Harry Kim-to much of a goody goody two shoes.

• Advertisement

Got a long list there. Casady yates wasent that bad. She wasent in it enough to be anoying.

I forgot all about Kes. I wasent a fan of her.

Advertisement