Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your most hated Star Trek Character?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Just about everyone in Voyager was exremely annoying, I liked almost everyone in DS9 except Sisqo's son at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Jake wasent that bad, he was a decent actor they just didnt give him the best storys

I used to like the epsiode called the visitor (its when jake is a old man in the future)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Deanna Troi.

She could be alright...when she would just STFU and stop whinging ;)

Jake Sisko, yes that's another one who deserved to be put out an airlock. Kids and Trek don't mix very well, do they? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oh yes Deanna Troi, forgot about her. God Q had her so summed up in the last episode of TNG - "For the past 7 years we've watched you listening to Counsellor Troi's psychobabble". Ah the amount of in-jokes in that episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Lwaxanna Troi without a doubt.

A terribly boring and irritiating character who presumably is there for comic relief but one whom I can't once remember ever finding funny?

I have other characters which I dislike but she is the only one that irritates me to the extent that I can't actually watch any of the episodes in which she appears - esp the DS9 ones.

• Advertisement

Luwxana troi was funny in a not funny sort of way.
    She didnt add much to the show but didnt make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Wesley Crusher and Deanna Troi. Most irritating characters EVER!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Deanna Troi summed up the whole late 1980s vision of the Star Trek future that seemed to say that the only source of conflict or impure human thought came from outside our intrepid heroes as they trekked around the galaxy.

This changed as the series went along obviously with each character having various difficulties of conscience (Worf killed purely for revenge, data was about to murder his captor until interrupted, even Wesley goody two-shoes became a stronger character after his academy misbehaviour) and the introduction of Ro Laren for a short time. And in fairness, Troi became less irritating over that time, but she still came across as the annoying conscience of the rest of them who never actually contributed anything useful to the storylines (apart from being used as an unconvincing plot device with her empathic abilities).

I had forgotten about Ro Laren She was a good charactor.
    Also "Thomas Riker" was a good charactor aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

kes... 10 times worse than troi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by SearrarD
    kes... 10 times worse than troi

So true!!

I was glad when they replaced kes with seven of nine. Good ridance.

I watched Ds9 the other night on skyone and jake is a twat along with his grandfather.

I love Dax's replacement Dax. i could watch her on TV for hours :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Kes, uggg fecken hated her
    Also any eps with Deanna Troi REALLY pissed me off
    only thing worse then her was her mother!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mayweather kinda annoys me in enterprise as i don't think he has much of a role/storyline more like we better through in a black guy

Don't forget Startrek needs its token black guy it has to be politically correct :D
    Same as startrek has to have its Date type person, ie: 7 Of 9, Odo etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by Cabaal

Yeah, "i want to be more human" character. First it was spock then data, then odo, then seven and now T'Pol (maybe malcolm cause T'Pol seems more human and lifelike then him).

I suppose they need them to question the morals of humanity

The docter aswell wanted to have more of a life and have the same rights as a human

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The three characters I hate the most, in reverse order:

3. Jake Sisko
    2. Kes

But by an absolutely huge margin, and I can't believe he hasn't been mentioned yet:

1. Alexander (Worf's brat - sorry, son)

He wasent a great charactor but wasent in it enough to bother me. Did u just not like him when he was a young boy or did you not like him when he was a klingon and a young boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well at lest as a older klingon he has a pritty high chance of beening killed in some war

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Cabaal

i usually like those characters though while i don't like the token black guys

...but she still came across as the annoying conscience of the rest of them who never actually contributed anything useful to the storylines (apart from being used as an unconvincing plot device with her empathic abilities)....

But how else would they know the big menacing ship outside with shields up and phasers locked on them contained bad guys? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Sorry, somethin someone said only just registered.

Marina Sirtis won an oscar????
    WTF for?!?!?

Originally posted by User45701
    The docter aswell wanted to have more of a life and have the same rights as a human

Never considered the Doctor to be the same type of character, maybe in a mild way but then 7of9 took over his role.
    In general the Dr was a very good character imho

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by clownboy
    I suppose they need them to question the morals of humanity
    And ultimately get them to conclude that humans are the Best Thing Ever and the best race to be :rolleyes:
    I'd love it if Odo, or whomever, turned around and said, "God all this emotinal human stuff is garbage. I was much better originally!"

Originally posted by Araniell

WTF for?!?!?

I don't think she did.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Araniell

WTF for?!?!?
    Read the thread again. The discussion is about Kai Winn, played by Louise Fletcher. She won an Oscar for her role in 1976's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Now how come Jake didn't get an Oscar - he was fab ;)

Now how come Jake didn't get an Oscar - he was fab

Don't you mean a Golden Raspberry? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

odo he sucked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Ronika

I have to say the character I hated the most was Kira from DS9. Her and her lesbian alter ego. I hated those ep's where they went to the other dimentions. The only one who saved them was o'Brien.

Also Troi was abit annoying esp since she seemed to suffer from Migranes ALL the time

I thought that the "mirror universe" episodes where the best, also epsiodes in alternite timelines.

I have all those mirror universe episodes on tape they are so kool , they also tend to show allot more phaser battles on the corridors of Terok Nor.

The actors on star trek love the mirror universe episodes aswell cause it gives them a chance to break out of there ordinary every day role, it puts them in a good mood and that is why there perfemence always seems to be slightly better in those epsiodes.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ronika
    I have to say the character I hated the most was Kira from DS9. Her and her lesbian alter ego. I hated those ep's where they went to the other dimentions.

I actually thought the "mirror" Kira was much better than the other one :)

Advertisement