Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your most hated Star Trek Character?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 scooter262

First, I apologize for dredging up the past. However, I note that the post previous to mine was over three months ago. So I guess I can't really be accused of messing up ongoing discussions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

9. Tuvok
    8. Chakotay
    7. harry Dim
    6. Geordi
    5. Luanana
    6. Deanna Troi
    5. Everyone One Hunman in Enterprise [except the black dude and tucker]
    4. Kes
    3. Neelix
    2, Wesley
    1. The Black Dude in Enterprise. For leeing himself be used the way he is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

shacko wrote:
    9. Tuvok
    1. The Black Dude in Enterprise. For leeing himself be used the way he is
    What?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭shacko

Tuvok for being bland, Crap and ANNoying

And The Black token dude in Enterprise who everyone forgets about, for letting himself be used as the black token dude.

Ziggy end program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Prince Toreus

Guinan-most over used,no where waste of time,overated celebrity character,that was supposed important,but just a nothing,no where pain in the rear character.Mister Data-most annoying cliche character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Prince Toreus

Tuvok--Star Treks only retarded Vulcan.His ultimate game of logic was pick up sticks -Duh.
    .Of course there are others-Wesley,the first Season Gay Picard,Many guest stars that could considered hated,like the bald chick in the movies-whats her name .
    Dr. Polaski did suck.Everyone wanted her to fall down a turbo lift.Geordi La Forge was the most incompetant star ship engineer.Warp Core breach every time the star ship hits a bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Kai Winn and Dr. Polaski both make my skin crawl. Other than that I have no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Neelix, Wesley Crusher, Trip, Luaxana Troi, Nog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Kirks son in Wrath of Kahn .... what a whiney little bitch.

The stock emotionless character who over the course of a series learns what it is to be human... Data, basically every vulcan, 7 of 9.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Janeway: Wasnt a big fan, the characted could have been portrayed a little better.

Liked Chakotay & Tuvok.

One of the best actors-> The guy who playes Weyoun & Shran

Most hated-> Leeta.. Her only redeeming factor was the size of her boobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Every character from the Enterprise series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wesley Crusher.

Neelix.

Barkley.

Reid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Stark wrote: »
    Every human character on Enterprise.

+1

I would add every other character on Enterprise and most characters on Voyager. (especially Janeway)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Most hated-> Leeta.. Her only redeeming factor was the size of her boobs.
    +1 :D
    Cactus Col wrote: »
    7 of 9.
    But what about the size of her boobs? And the skin tight silver outfit ;)

I hated...Wes, Polaski (cause i had a slight thing for the doc :o), Janeway, Ezri (also, cause i had a thing for Dax :o). Wasnt the biggest fan or Enterprise either, although T'Pal...size of her boobs!! :pac:

edit...thats a whole lot of smiley faces...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Kira - she's just an incredibly irritating, cheap knock-off / poor-man's version of Ensign Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

1. Polaski
    2. Commander Shelby
    3. 7 of 9
    4. Any admiral character in TNG-they all seemed to breath heavily through their noses after talking and were generally stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Slice wrote: »
    Kira - she's just an incredibly irritating, cheap knock-off / poor-man's version of Ensign Ro

It's funny that you should say that, as the Kira character was originally supposed to be Ensign Ro from TNG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

The only character I could honestly say I hate would be Armus the oily thing that killed Tasha Yar on Vagra II. At her memorial service I was nearly in tears when they played her hologram message!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPE2yaNP9hY

Although, with Tasha gone Worf took on a greater role which was good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Most hated? It'd be a tough call between Neilix and The Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah neelix was very lame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

As a huge Star Trek fan I can't really say I have a least favorite character. Every character has their good and bad points. If I am pushed I suppose it would probably be B'Lanna Torres. I felt her character was too aggressive. Even after 7 years and working as a joint member of The Maquis/Starfleet crew. I suppose it's down to bad storytelling and lack of character development. The good days of Scotty and Geordi in Engineering were the best. They always knew how to get the best from their engineering teams, especially in times of crisis. They were looked up to and respected. Even after Starfleet members 'accepted' B'Lanna as Chief Engineer I really don't think the writers gave a toss. There didn't seem to be any development of her character over the years. B'Lanna seemed to have Engineering to herself with minor supporting characters there (which seemed to change on a consistant weekly basis - no continuity). Then of course there was the friction between herself and 7 of 9 when she assisted in Engineering.

As a Klingon character Worf was given so much development over the run of The Next Generation and of course Deep Space Nine. Klingons weer the main protagonists in the original Star Trek series and needed a major overhaul. As a half Klingon/Human B'Lanna character should have acted as a catalyst for major stories regarding both species. Despite being in the Delta Quadrant Klingons could still be explored through the Holodeck and/or dream sequences. Sadly this was rarely done in 7 years of television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I think DS9 was the best Star Trek, yet the worst characters ( i reckon) are
    1) Jadzia Dax ---- She was great to look at but she was awful boring. Kind of wooden,

2) Jake Sisko started of good but got worse as the years went on.
    3) Jakes granddad was awful annoying.

I still loves DS9 , Ezri dax was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For me I couldn't stand Kes from Voyager, I wasn't a huge fan of Neelix either.

No-one else really jumps out at me. Malcolm was ok but sometimes I felt like he was over-acting, but sure what would I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Yeah, I have to admit Kira can be a bit of a pain and I didn't like Polaski either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

JAKE CISCO.

I wish he'd fall into blackhole.

His father is No.2, followed by Wesley Crusher in 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

theozster wrote: »
    JAKE CISCO.

His father is No.2

Really? I loved the Captain Sisko character most of the time. Only character in star trek that was a bit of a badass. loved when he punched Q.

Most hated character list:
    All child actors (especially the much over looked worfs son)
    The Kazons from Voyager. Hated those eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The DS9 hate in here is so hilarious and totally irrational. The characters pretty much universily are better written and deeper then any other Star Trek.

Also, ive seen people list Q. Wtf?

You're SUPPOSED to dislike Q. John DeLancie does a great job.

That said, I don't care for Wesley Crusher, he's basically a spoilt brat.

And most of the Voyager crew bug me, with the exceptions of Tuvox and Seven. The rest are as wooden and dull as Pat Kenny.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Very surprised to see Weyoun mentioned, I thought he was a very good character. Very creepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Wesley, Neelix and Phlox. To be fair, Wesley improves with age and becomes marginally less annyoing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nevenera

Did I mention Kirk? Did I mentioned I once watched a star trek movie just to watch him die, again and again and again?

As for the various star treks I think there was something for all of us I liked the estrogen laden next generation and Janeway's Voyager the woman men and some women love to hate (poor Hilary Janeway). I didn't much care for the testosterone laden dsp or enterprise. Although...Wes was a little annoying...jealousy....nope, he was just annoying. Loved all the ethnic minorities being one myself, it was kind of fun. Anyhow, I would even take a Kirk resurrection if that is what it takes to bring star trek back, miss them!

Advertisement