Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your most hated Star Trek Character?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mena wrote: »
    Kai Winn and Dr. Polaski both make my skin crawl. Other than that I have no issues.

. :)

well I suppose the troi's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

nevenera wrote: »
    Did I mention Kirk? Did I mentioned I once watched a star trek movie just to watch him die, again and again and again?

As for the various star treks I think there was something for all of us I liked the estrogen laden next generation and Janeway's Voyager the woman men and some women love to hate (poor Hilary Janeway). I didn't much care for the testosterone laden dsp or enterprise. Although...Wes was a little annoying...jealousy....nope, he was just annoying. Loved all the ethnic minorities being one myself, it was kind of fun. Anyhow, I would even take a Kirk resurrection if that is what it takes to bring star trek back, miss them!

dsp?? Its Kathryn Janeway btw....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve_o wrote: »

Must be a post from mirror universe boards. Star Trek: Deep Space Pine and Captain Hillary Janeway stranded in the Beta quadrent...

Achilles wrote: »
    Must be a post from mirror universe boards. Star Trek: Deep Space Pine and Captain Hillary Janeway stranded in the Beta quadrent...

Aaaahhhh... makes sense!

Aaaahhhh... makes sense!

Yeah... every so often there's a breakdown in the multiverse and some boards.ie posts from the mirror universe get through here. Wouldn't worry about it too much :P

• Advertisement

Yeah... every so often there's a breakdown in the multiverse and some boards.ie posts from the mirror universe get through here. Wouldn't worry about it too much :P

Fair enough... carry on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Wesley Crusher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nevenera

I was being sarcastic (irrational hate for strong women...) ahh I give up:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nevenera

I keep forgetting how seriously people take this series, yeah it should have been deep space nine, long day at work was tired, thanks for the welcome by the way:(

Anyhow just passing through, relax, it is just a series!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Don't take it so seriously. Sure it's all in good fun. :d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Still relishing chugging back the Tranya...
    tos-003-balok-1024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

The entire Voyager crew. It's like they're on an inter-galactic goodwill mission. Makes me want to barf and gouge my eyes at the same time...

nevenera wrote: »
    I keep forgetting how seriously people take this series, yeah it should have been deep space nine, long day at work was tired, thanks for the welcome by the way:(

Anyhow just passing through, relax, it is just a series!!

Whao dude calm down there a second... I was taking the piss. I don't take it too seriously at all...

Boards.ie set course to lollerville, warp factor 9!

169282926a6974311970o.jpg

Yeah like I said... not too seriously at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Chakotay.

I wish they had just killed him in the "long long ago"!!!!

His only redeeming feature is his ship looked cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

My vote is Wesley Crusher - that boy was so annoying. there was no way he was working at the helm of a ship that young

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Neelix, apart from Polasky, I hate Neelix, Star Treks answer to Jar Jar Binks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr_clean

Wesley Crusher !!!

and any Ferengi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

Not a big Data fan (someone is going to kill me for saying that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

DesignLady wrote: »
    Not a big Data fan (someone is going to kill me for saying that)
    :kills: :)
    But no, I understand.
    SPOILERS!
    I hate Gul Dukat, he just oozes evil. Like in Covenant, where he leads a mass-suicide by drugs- but provides himself with a harmless one.
    His seduction of Kai Winn in the ending 9 episode arc is sickening, you feel her disgust after she finds out.
    Everything about him in that arc is despicable, how he starts off being kind and respectful to Solbor(Winn's assistant), then gets arrogant("what a tiresome man""And give him another chance to frown disapprovingly?") and eventually ends up killing him.
    How he wants the Bajorans to forgive him, to realise what a benevolent overlord he was, when we know of all the atrocities committed, of the Bajoran comfort women he used.. he is just sickening, and I hate him.

Marc Alaimo does a wonderful job playing him, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

karlr42 wrote: »
    :kills: :)
    But no, I understand.
    SPOILERS!
    I hate Gul Dukat, he just oozes evil. Like in Covenant, where he leads a mass-suicide by drugs- but provides himself with a harmless one.
    His seduction of Kai Winn in the ending 9 episode arc is sickening, you feel her disgust after she finds out.
    Everything about him in that arc is despicable, how he starts off being kind and respectful to Solbor(Winn's assistant), then gets arrogant("what a tiresome man""And give him another chance to frown disapprovingly?") and eventually ends up killing him.
    How he wants the Bajorans to forgive him, to realise what a benevolent overlord he was, when we know of all the atrocities committed, of the Bajoran comfort women he used.. he is just sickening, and I hate him.

Marc Alaimo does a wonderful job playing him, though.

I hate the character too...but I love to hate him. One of the best developed bad guys from any series. DS9 wouldn't be the same without Dukat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

DesignLady wrote: »
    I hate the character too...but I love to hate him. One of the best developed bad guys from any series. DS9 wouldn't be the same without Dukat.

Agree 100% fantastic actor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I agree with most of the above comments ALTHOUGH like so many things in later Trek once they find something good they flogged it to death (Klingons in DS9, Borg in Voyager etc). I thought the whole Dukat as a Bajoran / evil spirit thing was just a step too far and I couldn't take him seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

Well,these are really two types of hatred. People you like to hate (well-played villains) or people you just dislike. Here are some of both types:
    Will Riker: There was something so lumpy, awkward and graceless about him, especially later in ST:TNG.
    Kai Winn, a treacherous, hypocritical,sanctimonious schemer who had nobody but herself to blame for that fact that she ended up in bed (so to speak) with Gul Dukat. Like so many religious figures we know.
    Troi: Irritating in her Bunny suit, oozing compassion with such furrowed brows.
    A lot of the Klingons. They talked a lot about "honour" but, just like the Samurai and Medieval Chivalric Knights they often honoured it more in the breach than in the observance.Plus, too much tiresome shouting,boasting and threatening.
    Jadzia Dax:so smarmy, so satisfied with herself.
    Beverley Crusher could be a bit of a pain at times, rushing about the place displaying concerned expression #4 with her blue coat waving around her.
    Odo. It bugged me that he could turn into anything, but couldn't do a face right. And the Founder who imitated that mad look. Why? To make him feel comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Everyone from Voyager
    All ferengi
    Luxwana Troi
    Worf's son - whats his name?
    Reg from TNG - dunno his surname
    Jake Sisko
    Chekov - Nuclear Wessels?!?!

Oh Ya I fot got Bashir from DS9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

And B-4 from ST:Nemesis

Grrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

From TNG, Doctor Pulaski was so annoying. Why they ever replaced Crusher is beyond me. Glad they went begging back to her.

From DS9, I didn't like Odo or Major Kira. Both were annoying.

However.......the number 1 spot.......the undisputed champion of annoyness...is

250px-LwaxanaTroi.jpg

GAH! I can't watch TNG/DS9 epidoes which feature her in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I think her name is Majel Barrett, she supplies the computer voice in TNG and DS9 afaik. Also she was Pike's no.1 in the pilot!

Polaski was drafted in as Mc Fadden left the show for a year over disputes about the amount of dialogue she was gaurunteed in the show (I think), or something like that.

The actress who played Polaski actually appeared in TOS as some anthropological science officer, I can't remember which episode. She was/is also a judge I think.

Agree though, Polaski was incredibly annoying. I think she's the most annoying character in the history of trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

7 - Troi. I have a very hard time believing that in an advanced civilised society, there isn't a sort of "companion" like in Firefly assigned to every ship, and even harder time believing that Troi isn't her!

6 - Lwaxana Troi. - Poor attempt to introduce humour might have worked once or twice, but her repeated visits to the Enterprise (and DS9) and the fact the episodes centred around her were just... boring... ? Seems like it was just an excuse to get Majel Barret into the show

5 - Anyone on Voyager, except maybe the Doctor...

4 - Any kids in the series... Bunch of goody-two-shoeses, except maybe Alexander, but didn't like him either... too annoying

3 - Dax! Probably Terry Farrell's fault though...

2 - Q. Just bloody annoying and silly (but not in a good Quark-type way). I know another poster said, "you're supposed to hate him", but even when he was trying to be good, he was annoying (e.g. the very end of "all good things" -the cheesiness!). Then he appeared in Voyager? Come on! Blatant crossover-try-to-tie-the-series-to-TNG-to-appeal-to-the-audience type of thing... I'd accept it if he appeared to every ship sooner or later, but then (I think) he started talking about Picard and the others... maybe he didn't it's a vague memory. But still... I just found the whole character a bit unbelievable and out of place in a Sci-Fi series... Not so bad at the very beginning or end, but when he just turned up to do some magic tricks or amuse himself... Just stupid.

But the worst one of all is...

1 - The Borg Queen! Totally ruined the Borg for me... I thought they were the coolest alien in any series... with a fully functional collective and all that, the fact that their entire society was run by the entire society (democracy gone wrong?), and being assimilated basically meant being turned into a nobody or a drone made the whole thing a little eerie... But the introduction of anything any bit hierarchical just ruined that whole thing. I know you'd still just be a nobody/drone, but now it seemed like you were the subject of a queen rather than the well-intentioned collective who believed they were improving you and making them an equal member of society.
    Just another horror movie ("Try to kill the head vampire!")
    I don't think Hugh (for example) could have escaped, or that unsolvable puzzle thing they had could have worked with the Queen there... Just went against the philosophy of the Borg, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tronborg2000

Malcom from Enterprise... awful... simply awful

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

I really hate B'Elanna Torres, always stopping Tom form having the craic.

Advertisement