Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is your most hated Star Trek Character?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I never liked Neelix, i felt he was redundant on the show, Chakotay was alright i guess.

I can't stand Riker or Troi from TNG. that guy can't get a job acting anywhere else, so he has to beg for guest spots on other shows to stick his tallentless mug in. How those two hijacked Enterprises finale, i can't understand...probably jealous of a show that was clearly better than theirs.

[quote=Lobelia Overhil;58759864Agreed, I don't like this idea that Stargate is getting a new third series[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Carlotta

Chakotay was terribly boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Carlotta wrote: »
    Chakotay was terribly boring.

I thought that the Chatokay character had potential and that the actor was OK. He had potential to have a lot of conflict with Janeway or even (yuck!) a romantic relationship but obviously the writers never bothered.
    It was very noticeable that when Janeway was doing something dramatic on the bridge Chatokay would sit slumped in his chair looking bored. Riker would at least play with his PDA or get up and follow Picard around looking adoringly at him or make some effort to not look like quite as much of a spare part.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Quarx and Jadzia (She was such an annoying character, could never take her seriously as some sort of military expert yada yada)

In TNG that really annoying blond wench from the first couple of seasons - Tasha Yar - thankfully died off before we had to endure her any longer :pac:

The Original series was terrible, people didn't learn to act properly until the mid 1980s anyway...

Favourites are definately Picard, Worf, Riker and Data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭Rawr

I can't stand Riker or Troi from TNG. that guy can't get a job acting anywhere else, so he has to beg for guest spots on other shows to stick his tallentless mug in. How those two hijacked Enterprises finale, i can't understand...probably jealous of a show that was clearly better than theirs.

It seemed to be, in the closing years of TNG, and those following, that Johnathan Frakes (Riker) became something of a favourite of the Berman crew. Thus he seemed to get a lion's share of directing Trek shows and even Trek movies. He's also provided cameos in all Trek shows since TNG.

Maria Sirtis (Troi) is also an interesting one. Of all the ex TNG cast, herself and Dwitght Schultz (Barkley) have re-appeared most often, and almost always together. (Any reference to Barkley in VOY almost always triggered an appearance by Troi, even for the stupidest reason.)

It comes as no surprise that herself and Frakes would have the main roles in the ENT finale. That still doesn't it good though. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Denerick wrote: »
    Quarx and Jadzia (She was such an annoying character, could never take her seriously as some sort of military expert yada yada)

In TNG that really annoying blond wench from the first couple of seasons - Tasha Yar - thankfully died off before we had to endure her any longer :pac:

The Original series was terrible, people didn't learn to act properly until the mid 1980s anyway...

Favourites are definately Picard, Worf, Riker and Data.

I loved Jadzia, I thought she was great. May have something to do with her being hot, but whatever.

Yar died during season 1. She was pretty stiff, but then again so was everyone else that season. She had potential. But bringing her back as Sela was genius!
    I wonder why they decided to kill her off.

You must be joking about Riker. The only decent first officer was Kira. T'Pol was ok, not great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I liked Riker. Played the intelligent understudy quite well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Red Squad "an elite clique of cadets".

isn't elite cadet is an oxymoron ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Red Squad "an elite clique of cadets".

isn't elite cadet is an oxymoron ?

ah yes the red squad episode. While its a good one and a brilliant commentary on the dangers of jingoism/conformity whatever you want to call it, *puts on nerd hat* I found that they didn't sit well in the ST universe. They were too militaristic and fascist. This was particularly evident when Nog said to Jake that he didn't know what it meant to be a soldier. Star Fleet was never about being a soldier.

Advertisement