Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Restaurant??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Savannah steak house down Mary st, i.e back a the Guinness Brewery , Im a tad fussy in that Ill really only eat pizza or steak and this place does fantastic fillet steak , Im yet to find a brilliant pizza place in Waterford , I think Gino`s is gone down hill quite a lot and I wouldnt count those four star or Dominos as proper Italian Pizza`s.

Defo recommend Savannahs though , yummy yummy and a nice setting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I really like Savannah too

Now if you want huge portions washed down with a few pints Paddy Gonzales on High St. is very good value. Even the children's portions are what other places would serve an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 karenp

Is Forde's (Wexford town) any good?

Also have been hearing good things about Mickey Wallace's new Italian in Enniscorthy..

Need to get someone a gift and was thinking a voucher..
    yeah forde's is nice and not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Chez Hans in Cashel...just beautiful :D

Really like La Palma too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭chilli_pepper

fricatus wrote:
    I haven't been to either, but Tom Doorley in the Times regularly mentions the Tannery in Dungarvan as being one of the country's top restaurants, and La Dolce Vita in Wexford as being the most authentic Italian.
    La Dolce Vita , beautiful italian food - Go There if you like Italian ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 King Crisps

Le Tire Bouchon is my favourite restaurant. It's up over the Sky And The Ground pub, used to be Heavens Above restaurant ( which was a bit of a **** hole for food ) so thankfully it's changed.
    It does French style food and in my opinion it is by a long mile the best restaurant in wexford. I've lived in wexford town all my life and i've been eating out in so called fine dining restaurants for 25 years, and finally a restaurant in wexford lives up to the title of fine dining.
    It's so easy to be mis-lead as to what fine dining is. for years people in wexford were fooled with so called fine dining restaurants charging mad prices for **** food, for example, throwing a bit of mashed potato in to a piece of spring roll pastry, deep frying it and serving that as your potato in a so called fine dining restaurant. the big problem with that is, they still do that to this day, and were doing it 8 years ago when i ate there first. i'm not naming names but people who know anything about proper food and restaurants in wexford, know what and who i'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

The Bailey in Enniscorthy. I have eaten there many times, and the food is uniformly excellent.

Advertisement