Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance bargins

• 29-01-2004 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Was quoted 150 Eur for travel insurance from my travel agent, naturally I declined it. Did a bit of websurfing and came across travel insurance with AIB at a reasonable rate of 46 EUR to insure a family for two weeks.

However, found the website www.123.ie and got a quote of 36 Eur for exactly the same product (and insurance company) as AIB use.

Overall a total saving of 114 Eur for a few clicks of the mouse and the cost of a phone call to the travel agent to inform them of my own private policy.

Any better experiences ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I'd recommend Ace Travel Insurance, I've used them before and they were the cheapest for me. Also if you are on Pigsback you earn 300 points everytime you book your Ace Travel Insurance via their site..

[Edit: Typo]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Im a big ACE fan, Prices are damn good, and there is decent cover (i.e. they wont leave you rotting in a foreign hospital) a lot of el cheapo policies wont repatriate you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Just looked at the AIB site, the insurance is done by ACE for them!! thats one hell of a mark up AIB are putting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

I just got back from a a sking trip and had ACE cover. My girlfriend did here leg in and ACE was excellent. Transfers, extra seat on plane, doctors bills all looked after and covered.

Remember it's the service that counts. With that said however Ace where the cheapest when I did my review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

when I had an AIB Credit card I got free travel insurance when I purchased any holiday/flights on the card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

I've used www.getcover.com in the past and they are very competitive,

Advertisement