Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's a question...

Options
  • 29-01-2004 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Ponder this...

Where are all the good men dead - in the heart or in the head?

And just so the males don't get insulted or feel left-out of the loop; tell me

What's the best kind of girlfriend - high maintenance or low maintenance?

Don't you love the smell of a good philosophycal question this early in the day :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭christi

What 3 films inspired this post?

I will give you the first one - Gross Point Blank

Can you tell me the other two?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

be arsed with the other two but..........

normally a high maintenance girl is good looking and a low maintenance isnt......so obviously its high......

howver if you can conjure up a low maintenance good looker well she`d get the vote,alas she`s prob in the next world......:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

I'm thinkin Willy Wonka for the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

all women are high maintenance

some are just better at hiding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GUINNESS POOH

I'm guessing you're about 15?

I hear just seventeen have an super on-line forum. You should ask there. Dont be scared. Why are you crying? Ah now stop, you ARE special! It's normal and happens to all girls when they reach your age.

• Advertisement

One... if you knew the quotes you would know that I am much older than 17, and if I am not mistaken my date of birth was included in my postersbio as well.

"Where are all the good men dead - in the heart or in the head?" This happens to be a quote from the film Gross Point Blank. And I think the answer is.... well it's just a personal opinion and thus I shall keep it to myself :) Pssttttttt * takes more than a small slight to make me cry*

The Second question that I posted was an omage to the chickflick "When Harry Met Sally" and I happen to think there are 3 kinds of women; high maintanence, low maintanence, and the most difficult - the one's who are high maintanence but think their low maintanence!

And lastly the "don't you love the smell of a good Phylo. question in the morning?" is my little play on words with the now famous line that Robert Duval speaks in Apocalyse Now; "I just love the smell of Naypalm in the morning!"

So there it is.... Not 17.... not even close :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ozone6280

very good i got it but to late . I guessed it was related to movies not like the rest do you have any more

I can and will think of more cool and obscure movie quotes; I watched "seven" this morning - so ya just know that I'm going to be asking some really crazy questions tomorrow! Why tomorrow? Well, because I'm tired now (it's a very late 7 minites after 8pm) and want to go crawl beneath the heavy warmth of my downfilled duvet and fall asleep while watching a good movie :)

But off the top of this sleepy head of mine I can think of two more... and me making mention of sleep this happens to tie-in perfectly... "May flights of devils wing you to your rest."

What's the title of the film and who spoke that cruel line?

And the next is; "A six-shooter?! What were you going to do with the other three - laugh them to death... funny man?!"

What's the movie and who said it?

And just because this is sharp wit - I leave you with this; *It's James Caan talking to a room full of thugs... "If someone doesn't give me his leg back (it's a prosthetic one that was stolen) I'm going to bitch-slap each and every one of you so hard that your kids will come out well behaved!" That posters is a feckin good actor and a class man :)

Sleep well To all in Ireland and Beyound

Advertisement