Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ever have 7 international managers sacked on the one day ???

Options
  • 29-01-2004 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭

In my game all off the following country's sacked their manager after euro 2004 . England France Germany Holland Turkey Sweden and italy. Some of these country's were a flop at the tournament but england reached the semi's and both germany and turkey reached the quarter finals. Well i applied for all these jobs and in all the cases a manager with a worse reputation got the job. Rene meulensten (sp ? ) even had a very poor as his rep. erickson was appointed sweden manager interestingly .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

There's usually a big clear out of international managers after the bigger championships. I suppose English expectations were to reach the final and win it, same for Germany, and Turkey probably have a high reputation and expectancy these days too.
    I've found though that when applying for international jobs I always seem to get offered Turkey, Portugal and Mexico :confused:
    I think it has to do with your National and International reputation. It doesn't matter if you win the EPL5 times in a row but crash out of Champs League in the first round every time, you're international rep won't increase by much and therefore you won't be considered for big name International team management.

As well as that it depends on your own Nationality that you decide at the start of a game, doubtful that you'd see many Asian or South American managers in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ah **** i made myself from azerbyjan(sp ? ) . so im Azeri. i guess im not going to be an int manager then.oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Well if you do well in europe and get your international reputation increasing then you have a chance of one of the smaller international nations. If you do well with them the skies the limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

yeh tends to happen after euro 2004 and i was asked to take eng manager job after only 1 season wit chelsea ...i said no

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Well if you do well in europe and get your international reputation increasing then you have a chance of one of the smaller international nations. If you do well with them the skies the limit!

well u see i won the league league cup and champions league. Just to add to my anger of not been an international manager. My pc crashed while saving and my file is ****ed up now. Oh well im topp of the league with bohs after 6 games.(i now have 2 files i save on. Just incase this little bastard of a pc decides to crash while saving again. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

wouldn't managing an international team be realyl boring?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Not if you manage a club team as well.

Originally posted by PiE
    Not if you manage a club team as well.

u could play your own players to up their value :)

Advertisement