Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League started - IR(a) win

Options
  • 31-05-2000 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭

First match of the league and IR have showed they aint the same as they were at the start of the Q3 league.
    First day of Q3 KCD romped all over an inexperienced IR team. The tide has turned (plus I played for KCD that day. aaah those memorable gauntlets smile.gif).
    The site is updated with screenies etc. www.clanarena.hk.st
    Plyd IR.
    Better luck (and and connections) next tine KCD. It helps to bring along 4 players too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

good game lads smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Yeah lads, (Jaden im lookin at u), way to turn up for the game. Letterbox's connect was screwy so it was effectively me and robbo against four of them.
    My not-so-l33t Qizmo skills got me booted out of the first game (45 mins up), came back in with Robbo getting mauled by 4 IR lads (Toulouse being one of them, and she has long nails). He returned the compliment in the second game, crashing out or sommit.

Well played IR, but no tide has turned, and the next match will be very different. smile.gif

gg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

oi! paladin, that was a long time ago smile.gif
    things have changed, and the new IR that is currently leading our group in the UKSL with a 100% record would romp all over any inexperienced team smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Illkillya (edited 31-05-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

yessss

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Lads, did KCD play IR(a) or IR(b)?
    Because, the two teams appear to have cross pollinated and we appear to have played an amalgamation of the two.

Also looking over the demo, Podgeen had Non standard player and/or eyes mdl(s).

Just some points...
    Regards,
    Rob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

thats because hes usen small quake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Sry the teams were sorted I just hadnt updated the team lists.
    It was IR(a)
    And non standard player model/eyes? I think it was some skin. But you can use skin forcing if u want. smile.gif
    Whos demo btw?
    podgeen mail me that pls!

its not smallquake, coz i was using that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Mute point Zero. Had I turned up, I couldn't have played, as we already had 2 LPBs. Tis a bummer when ya can be penalised for having a decent connect. Such is life.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Non standard player models are bold.
    Eyes means nothing since there is no invis in CA but player model is extremely dodgy since there are player models you can spot a mile off (huge spikes in their chests etc) which are basically cheats for CA.

I'm not saying Podgeen was cheating, in fact I'd be confident he wasnt (probably just copied quake over from OL with all his weird hacks etc) but its not something we want in the league imho.

Skins are one thing, models are another in my opinion.

On a nicer note, its good to see that the campathon predictions of the DM'ers have been proven groundless, of course Koopa has yet to play but the real CA'ers are getting stuck into each other and team tactics are most definitely playing their part.

Funny how the old DM'ers are all suddenly now jumping into new clans to get a game eh... thought they wouldnt touch CA with a barge pole before smile.gif

"Knorr quick-soup, you just stir stir stir" smile.gif

DeV.

• Advertisement

Ill admit to not knowing a huge amount about the technical side of this (and as far as i saw podgeen dint look like anything was dodgy) but if there is some dodgy models in a game its gonna stop. I suggest fixing that podgeen. Now these models, thay are completely different to skins yes? Is it possible for clients to force models like they force skins? Ill point out that there is no problem whatsoever with forcing skins, but if like Dev said, someone had a model that was dodgy, can they have one that is tiny etc? can clients who dont have this model see it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

why is skin forcing allowed?
    there has to be a standard like, forcing modified skins is as bad as using forced models, it makes it so much easier to aim in a fight when your opponent is a huge white blob, you always see them first when they come out of a doorway or whatever as well

i know ages ago i was for allowing skins, but after i played internationals who didnt use skins, i found its actually only fair if you both play the game as it was made, no modifications, otherwise there is no end to what you use to give you an advantage, using maps with no walls, player models , etc, i think allbright skins are as bad as using models with spikes sticking out of them, its like an aiming device, you have a big advantage when playing a player who isnt using skins, and seeing as no international tourney is going to allow skins, eg. rapture didnt, i think you should not allow skins in the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

There's no way to detect skin forcing is there? So, how are you going to enforce it, wait for someone to say "god I love these forced skins, oops" cool.gif

there is

anyway by your logic, aimbots should be allowed in this league, because you have no way of enforcing the no-aimbot rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Go to english ca server and you'll know all about the paranoia...they seem to have a f_command for finding out everything about you. Personally i'd prefer to play against aimbots than those annoying dicks. Skins are no big deal either.

With allm due respect Mr.Koops, i personally force the 7o9 skin to my own team and base to the opposition. You see anything wrong with that? If anything, that dark green skin makes it harder to see my teammates. Any advantage in it for me there? The same effect can be achieved by turning down graphics options to really really low instead of fullbrights. The base model sticks out like a thumb that's been blown off by an ssg against those untextured walls. And those models with big spikes are new to me. Never heard of them. But, please don't exploit that for your inevitable retort cool.gif

Oh, and thanks bunny, I think cool.gif

Im colorblind. I can barely see red color team. Its hardly fair if Im forced to play against semi invisible opponents is it? hats why I dont care if skin forcing is used. You still have to be able to aim. Bots are a different story of course.

ser is colour blind too, he has no problem using base skins, use colour forcing so all enemy are colour 12 (yellow) or something,
    while still leaving the skin at default

as for forcing skin on teammates, i dont think anyone cares, as long as the base skin for the enemy youre referring to isnt a big allbright yoke which you cant miss on the screen
    its not the same as gl_max_size (which incidentally was not allowed at rapture, or any big international lan as far as i know, eg. TGI), if gl_max_size gave the same advantages as fullbrights everyone would be using it, it doesnt really give any advantage, its just like turning d_mipcap on really high or something, doesnt really make the players stand out much more than they would normally, try playing with it on(although its still considered a cheat i think, i dont know because noone cares,it doesnt give enough of an advantage for anyone to care, unlike fullbright skins)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore:
    Funny how the old DM'ers are all suddenly now jumping into new clans to get a game eh... thought they wouldnt touch CA with a barge pole before smile.gif

Indeed Dev, some might call it boredom. Although, your definition of "CA-er" and "DMer" are a bit vague. The Clan Trinity that you claim to belong to seems to be a different one to the one us "DMer"s remember, certainly when nD and CT used to tear strips off each other, there was no Devore, so maybe while us DMers were playing, you were off owning people in CA, being a self-confessed "CAer".......heh, won't even comment on that. Out of all the "true" CA players, i.e. quakers who always only played CA, Death was the only tough enough guy to beat in there. Back then, and probably stil now, all the DMers (Us LPBs, Mickah/Anjo, Beast etc) would STAMP all over the rest of the "hardcore CA players", while ignoring the "I own joo" calls of Dev when he gets a quick kill by
    a) Hiding behind a door for 5 mins OR
    b) Lobbing 2000 grenades into the centre.
    c) Getting Death to UNF UNF UNF us all to tears.

must....not....restart....ca-dm.....row...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

It's settled then. KCD versus CG.

Ze-"mouth like Galway Bay"-ro
    Versus
    Dev-"bind mouse1 +gren"-ore

And.....

Sl-"I'm at upper water bridge, where the hell else would I be"-osh

Versus

Ja-"117MPH"-den

We have a packaged box full of "Take It" that we shall deliver to CG, via their colons.

Dev, Slosh, Death, Dre, Iceman and that UT playing girlie man Gandalf, start thinking up excuses as to why you can't make the KCD Vs CG game. Run away weenies, run like the Girlies that you are.
    You're alot safer that way.

smile.gif Stir, stir, stir.....

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Jaysus, ah now lads. I will admit to ambushing behind doors (its called using your brain rather then your twitch reaction-speed) but I rarely throw grenades at all let alone carpet-spamming...

I was thinking of letting the rest of the hpbs and CG lads have a go, after all they deserve a run around against easy money...

As for KCD, lets not even imagine that you arent going to get tied down next tuesday.
    You forgot that bunny is also CG and will be looking for a quick snack of toasted KCD flesh.

In the words of Death, you are going to get violated, girlie men!

Zero, the last time we played (you and I) it was over 3 series went down to the last round of the last series. Which you won 24-24. Hardly what I'd call "being stomped on" for Irelands l33test dueler, clan player and all round uber-ninja since the beginning of time... tongue.gif
    Demos at http://www.spinsol.com/quake/arseping.zip
    Worth a look actually, tis a good demo.

DeVore.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 02-06-2000).]

Erm, Koopa. base skin = base.pcx. What other kind of base skin is there? Dammit, I'm always last to know about these things cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

117MPH... thats still the classiest story I've ever heard.. smile.gif

Haha Dev, you are such a slut, that demo is one we played on the net, the time I'm talking about the last time we played, when you were down in UL, and no, not the time you were stoned off ure face playing me.
    We were in Jays house, and Toulouse, Pox and Jay are witness to you ranting on about being the King of CA and how you would whip my gay a$$ etc etc, and I said we would play and the lads would be witness, and you sat up on your pretentious CA throne, and said "grand so, cmon I'll hammer you" and I promptly slapped you up and down the CA server three times in a row. And there are three people who saw it.

So cmon, CG against KCD, no LPB gayness rule, lets do it.
    Loser smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

well lads,
    me been away for last few days...
    anyways bout this whole models thingy
    i honestly dont know what ye are talking about...
    i told sonic that i had a game and he draged me into his werk with bout 10mins to the game and i played on one of the machines in there...
    his install of quake..
    it was quite normal to me...
    1. question though.
    can i make the water clear???

Not on most servers as it's set to watervis 0 , which is ok as i find it difficult to play with it on. Being able to see them one second and them disappearing the next. It's like playin bloody David Copperfield cool.gif

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

yeah small quake has a lot taken out of the pak files, maps and single-player models, this changes the CRC of it,so quake thinks all the models are hacked, even when theyre not

best thing to do is, overwrite the pak0.pak in small quake with the pak0.pak and pak1.pak from the original quake CD,this fixes everything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

im up for a game v kcd, as long as ye make sure that girly tosspot jaden is playin that hoe been running his mouth a bit too much and staying away from servers.

cmere ye woman ye till i have dre violate ye

Advertisement