Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stateside Brandname Hosting

Options
  • 29-01-2004 6:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'm just looking for recommendations please.

I need to move a site off one of my dedicated servers, to another hosting facility. The type of plan doesn't matter as long as it meets these strict conditions:

- Stateside brandname company.
    - Reliable/redundant/etc.
    - Linux platform.
    - 20GB/month transfer minimum.
    - PHP/MySQL availability.
    - Shell access (not mandatory, but preferred).

Two additional comments: The client likes Verio, I don't because their pricing seems scandalous. I like the look of HostRocket, but it seems too good to be true.

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've heard quite mixed reports about HostRocket, but you get that about most hosting companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by dahamsta
    I'm just looking for recommendations please.

I need to move a site off one of my dedicated servers, to another hosting facility. The type of plan doesn't matter as long as it meets these strict conditions:

Host rocket are pretty good have a nice setup using emc or san storage for webspace, the machines are a really good spec as well.

Some WHT users had an issue with their support a while back, however as you can see from their site they have a huge community, so I wouldnt say its all that half bad.

www.lunarpages.com might be another croud to look at, or if you are after a smaller EV1 based host www.unitedhosting.co.uk have always offered a great service, they keep the load down on their servers also, and tend only to place about 60 sites on a box.

From what i have read of your other posts you manage your own boxen, www.managed.com might be worth a look.

Advertisement