Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team 2 .ie

Options
  • 29-05-2000 5:57pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was there ever an Irish Q2 team?..if so who?...if not...why not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

ahem, let sleeping dogs ly. aaah heh biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what is the secrecy surrounding this?

someone tell me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Im pretty sure there was about to be: http://q2n.quake.ie/junk/ - dont know why it didnt happen tho.

I OwN j00!
    -2040.ie
    -Ir.ie
    -Boards.ir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Similar to Vorosh's feeble attempt to get some posts, I think that this is a ****ing gay big arsed **** idea to ****ing set loose on the ****ing **** ****.

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

We had one long before the uk...

ie2ss.jpg

http://clans.quake2.co.uk/dzr/newsarc14.html#iess

Lets just say their was a lot of bickering on who should be on the team.

[This message has been edited by Spoonman (edited 03-06-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not to mention bad behavior...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Here's the question all us newbies want to ask. Were they any good? Would Luke, Blokey, Shigeru and Bol.. erm, Billox have stood a chance? cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

We were good in our day, but due to lack of any decent organising and bad sh!tty connects it was a sorry storey.

juNk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Ye would have benefitted from the immortal Dev back then eh? cool.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually they started after the original Hibernians (quake1 team). And I helped as much as I could but it was all too political frown.gif. I can sypathise tho.
    And sleeping dogs should really be put down...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

And sleeping dogs should really be put down...B]
    Or left lie, since killing a dog for sleeping is a bit harsh.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

In fairness it was infighting and not lack of talent that killed it. There were some excellent players -Spoon and junkie being amongst them. /those two were kickass. Spoon, I remember the duels we had on those ikdm maps, you were invincible man. Of course, i'm real ****ed - just home from my 10 year school reunion. God forgive my credit card bill, and god curse Leggs. Bollinger is lovely though. Am I going off-topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

it was mental all that crack. DzR even could have beat the **** off every uk clan had we decent connects.....even resonable connects imho. I remember playing [king] (apparently 2nd best in uk at the time) and being beat by like 1 frag. I played half a game so obviously our best squad wasn't out. They all had 60-70 pings to quake.ie servers and we had like 130-200. They pulled out for the second game whinging about lag and that.

team2.ie woulda been the pup.

mark

ps. course i was incredibly drunk at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

smile.gif the state of those pings.

Advertisement