Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Q3A

Options
  • 29-05-2000 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks, - first posting on this particular board, so not sure if this has already been answered... since installing the latest point release for Q3A, I've been experiencing some weird problems... it keeps forgetting my mouse configuration (I've got jump on the left mouse key and shoot on the right one [I'm left-handed] - this is reversed by default- I have to change the settings every time I start up the game) - plus, in a multi-player game, recently, the bots were acting very strangely, they'd grab the flag and then just stand there at the enemy base as if suddenly rooted to the ground, waiting to be killed. They'd still shoot, they just wouldn't move. Very annoying... Should I just reinstall the original Q3A again, or is this a common problem which there is already a fix for?

/
    ...'elp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

lads i have the same problem
    and this is me 3rd install of q3
    the bots just stand still at times for long periods also if i run a mod and do avid_restart i get bout 8fps which is fukered up. but apart from that it is grand... frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Delete your Q3Config.cfg file and let it create a new one. It'll reslove video card, keyboard and mouse problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

just on the side... I'm not playing it on-line or on a network at the moment - I just set up a multiplayer game and have myself vs. a truck-load of bots, or a CTF game with myself and a load of bots, so its not a problem specific to on-line activity.

If I delete the config file and let it re-create it, go back into the game, set up my mouse, etc. - it *should* remember the settings this time, shouldn't it?

As for the bots buggering up- are there any further patches, etc. or do I just "downgrade" by going back to an earlier version previous to this point release?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

eric lad, the problems with the graphics are common to me and podgeen , while playing on a server that has a mod and if you do a vid_restart then i get 8 fps 10 if im really lucky , but if i do this on a server that doesnt have a mod then its ok , werd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, your cfg probably got write-protected somehow, stopping Q3 from writing your mouse changes to it. As for the bots, they just generally act weird, especially in CTF.

Don't drink and drive - you might spill your pint
    clanludo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

sorted it... deleted the config file and let it recreate it... the problem still re-surfaced slightly (in mouse config) so I manually edited the config file in a text editor and it seemed happy to keep the changes I made manually... *shrug* so be it!

biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Btw if you're playing with more than 4 bots with 64mb of ram or more than 8 with 128mb of ram you should experience a bad FPS and hard disk caching.

Try these console commands :

/cg_drawfps 1
    /cg_drawtimer 1
    /com_blood 0
    /cg_draw3dicons 0

Also, lower every single bit of your graphics config and use Simple Items...

<< Arf Arf >>

[This message has been edited by m1RV (edited 03-06-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

It's nice not to have to worry about these things any more cool.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

same here smile.gif

Advertisement