Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of gettign another piercing

• 29-01-2004 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting my tounge pierced soon, but i'm only 16 (nearly 17) and i was wondering if I'll need parental consent. And i was wondering where the best place would be to get it done? I was going to get it done in metalmorphasis (spelling?)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ThenComesDudley

you will need proof of age and/or a parental consent in metalmorphasis, and well just check all the places aswell.

celestial ring (stephens green)
    bodyshock (temple bar, behind central bank)
    snakebite (abbey st i think)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

To be honest you will get away with anyway.

Best place?

Snakebite are the best place to have anything done, In my opinion they are the most professional and will guide you through the aftercare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Do Snakebite have a website?

Thanks.

Yeah snaktebite.ie Aint much on it at the moment you're best bet is to go into them...they are located on middle abbey street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by I am MAN
    Yeah snaktebite.ie Aint much on it at the moment you're best bet is to go into them...they are located on middle abbey street.

ask for wally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

Wally? when was the last time you where in there?! :confused:

Does anyone know how much it is to get your tounge pierced in Snakebite?

Thanks.

I don't think I'll be able to get it done, all the places that do it are over 18 only, and I'm on 16 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

My friend got hers done when she was 15 (that is about a year) she brought her sister who was 18 with her, and the piercer did it. It costs €50 to get it done here in Cork.

~Sarah~

Yea, I got it done on Monday, and, to my surprise, it didn't hurt. ^.^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

Originally posted by bennyx_o
    I don't think I'll be able to get it done, all the places that do it are over 18 only, and I'm on 16 :(

thats not just the policy for some places thats actually the law (there is a few exceptions, ear piercings etc but afiak tounges are coverd by the law),

basicly piercing anyone under 18 is counted as assault on a minor, which is a sex offense, which would land the piercer in jail with some really nice ppl :dunno:,

even if you find a place that will pierce minors i wouldnt get it done there, if they arnt worried about the whole sex offense thing then i wouldnt think there too worried about the way the piercing turns out

if you really want it wait until your 18 since your nearly 17 its only just over a year to wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Caffine
    thats not just the policy for some places thats actually the law

Wrong. There's no laws in Ireland about minimum age for piercing (which is why places like Claire's accessories are allowed to get away with the disgusting act of piercing the ears of little babies?). BUT, if a minor got a piercing, their parents could possibly go after the piercer saying 'Little jimmy is only 14 he didn't know what he was doing' and I guess then it could be seen, in the eyes of the law, as assault.

Reputable places like Snakebite won't pierce anyone under 18 without parental permission, or parent/guardian present unless it's navel or ears which they'll do on 16 year olds.

LOL...piercing anyone under 18 is counted as assuallt on a minor, hmm I must claim for that PA I got when I was 15 so.

pff, delete his post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

LOL...piercing anyone under 18 is counted as assuallt on a minor, hmm I must claim for that PA I got when I was 15 so.

pff, delete his post.

Your parents could have if they'd found out/been horrified by it. You have to remember Ireland has gotten so litigious of late, piercers (the reputable ones anyway) have to protect themselves against being sued by parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

i found that piercers here seem to take it case by case when it comes to being under 18. one place will pierce anyone over 14 by the looks of them and after i got my first few there i had no trouble in snakebite or body shock. maybe its different now though. i cant see that assault thing holding up too well. anyone ever heard of this happening in ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

pff, delete his post.

not all piercings, genital ones and some others cant remeber exactly which, and acording to a freind i know who worked in a piercing studio and many others iv heard to including one of the guys in snakebite who gave the same sort of lecture to a 17 year old girl who wanted a piercing last time i was in, sorry etho i forgot about the parental consent thing, that was a bit stupid of me

Advertisement