Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elliott Smith tribute gig?

Options
  • 29-01-2004 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Was the gig any good?, I wasn`t able to go I heard that it was a bit disappointing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i wasn't there but i heard it was a sham. apparently most of the bands had only learnt the one song for the night and all that kinda thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

HotPress gave it a good review.

Says it all, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 terrykillroy

:D I was there! Some of the bands definatly looked like they had just learned the tunes a few hours before, But you could tell the ones that were true fans. Turn obviously had their **** together......Other stand outs were- Las Vegas Basement and Jeff Martin. Not a great night... but not a bad one either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i heard that Jeff Martin wsa good but a friend of mine who went (the biggest Elliot Smith fan i've ever known) said that the whole thing was just there to make money for hotpress and that no fans of the man in question were given enough of a say.

bloody Fúcking ássholes in hotpress should all be shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

It wasn't the best of gigs. The atmosphere wasn't right. The skylarkin gig for Mic Christopher was an amazing tribute night because everyone seemed really involved and it seemed to be important for everryone, but the elliott smith night seemed a bit soulless, which is sad considering how beautiful his music is. That could just be me being an obsessive fan but it just didn't seem right. Plus a fair few of the bands managed to really butcher some of the songs. That said, Dave from Bellx1's version of 'between the bars' was outstanding, and really was a credit to him, you could tell he genuinely cared about paying tribute to elliott smiths music.

• Advertisement
Advertisement