Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cap Changing soon?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

iv no idea where the bill is, my parents do all the bill stuff i just fill the cap :D, but heres a screen from the stats site

http://www.amnclan.co.uk/downloads/14/0/eircon.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

are you 100% sure it showed up on the bill and not just the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Caffine
    iv no idea where the bill is, my parents do all the bill stuff i just fill the cap :D, but heres a screen from the stats site

http://www.amnclan.co.uk/downloads/14/0/eircon.JPG
    Lots of people have gone over the cap on the status screen - one guy posted a shot where it said he would have owed something like €1800, if they had charged him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

please, please tell me it aint true. i am getting charged SO much if it is true.

I looked at the download stats on www.eircom.net, i am on 7 gigs. but it doesnt say anything about how much i will be charged, like in your own screenshot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You can always pay the excess money to me, instead of eircom, for peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I was hoping that wasn't the case; I have been treating my Eircom broadband very lightly over the last few months. Now I feel paranoid again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

the meter wasnt working at the start of the month and i kinda forgot to check to see if it was back up :rolleyes: :dunno:

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    Now I feel paranoid again.

and in my opnion thats exactly how the cap works , they dont charge people for going over the cap but just having the charge for going over 4 gb in the terms and conditions curbs peoples usage

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fig

so is there a way ye can tell what the current downloaded bytes are? I know last month I downloaded linux iso's so there is at least 1.5 Gb allocation used up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

click on the month to view list of all sessions

• Advertisement

go to http://dslstats.eircom.net and enter your DSL username and password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 starjammer

I'm with eircom and its a 403 forbidden for me......why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

I had that error last night at home, but i'm able to get the dsl stats from my work pc.

I get the 403 error when I tried that one as well. both from home and at work. suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Permission issues..
    I wouldn't worry about the dslstats page, it is unreliable and inaccurate. Monitor your traffic personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Check your IP address. Eircom added a new address range to their DSL service, 83.70.0.0/15. They haven't yet added that address range to the access control lists covering dslstats and eircom.net/support/

hmm, well i do monitor my own data personally.... but who cares bout eircom's failure? their records showing less downloaded data means less overcharging.

Originally posted by marclar
    but who cares bout eircom's failure? their records showing less downloaded data means less overcharging.
    arrrggg for the last time what overcharging who has been charged for going over the cap?
    scan in your bill please i still dont believe anyone has been charged

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

somewhere in this tread someone put a link to their bill, they were only beyond 1gb over thier limit which isnt much yet they got charged, that alone will make me stick to my limit when i get bb. I woulda thought previously that eircom wud give ppl a couple of gig leeway - at least matching wot thier compeitors cap of 8gb. Yeah more evidence of these bills would be nice particularly those who only went a slight bit over and still got charged which aint fair imo. March is not far away, im still livng onto hope that the tiny cap will be raised by March, even if its only to a still miserable 6gb its better than nothing. I went to my cousins at the weekend who was lucky enuff to hav ntl cable broadband (my frist time ever to use broadband) and its scary how fast and quick it downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah eircoms meter is unreliable but unreliable in a good way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Lots of people have gone over the cap on the status screen - one guy posted a shot where it said he would have owed something like €1800, if they had charged him.

iv not been paying attention to boards lately so iv not seen anything about him or anyone else, but sure enough they did charge me, im not gonna bother looking for the bill, it happend in october so might not even have it anymore, but we did get charged for it

a friend of mine got to 99% or something and asked was told if he went over by more then 50mb or so theyd charge, he didnt go over tho

maybe im just unlucky or there picking on me :P

Originally posted by Gonzo
    at least matching wot thier compeitors cap of 8gb.
    What competitors? IOL and UTV? Do you really think that oreillycom give a damn what these so called "competitors" are offering, when the lemmings are lining up to sign up for oreillycoms current offering?

(I'm not trying to disparage IOL or UTV. But oreillycom aren't "competing" with them - they don't need to, as there are plenty of customers who don't even realize that they have a choice).

Originally posted by Gonzo
    somewhere in this tread someone put a link to their bill,
    No, they put a link to a screenshot of their DSL stats. Lots of people have reported going over their cap and not getting charged, so it's a bit weird that only one person that uses boards has actually reported being charged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Ripwave
    No, they put a link to a screenshot of their DSL stats.
    I wonder what he used; Photoshop or Paintshop Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I spoke to eircom last week about getting DSL installed. They told me that they plan to have 2 products:

1. - 54.99 per month, with 8GB cap and LoCall number support

2. - 39.99 per month, with 4GB cap and premium rate support

People signed up on the 54.99 service can change to the 39.99 service.

They guy did say that this was not written in stone, pending Comreg etc, but this is the plan apparently.

Does anyone have any info on what the other operators will do on March 1? I presume they will be dropping their prices? I have not ordered it yet, waiting to see what happens.

is that with or without VAT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Originally posted by fig
    is that with or without VAT?

with

Advertisement