Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front page reviews?

Options
  • 30-01-2004 3:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

I guess this is the right place to put this...

I was just wondering if it may be helpful to have a preview/review thread purely for the proposed new front page for boards? I know a few things have been mentioned here before, but it has been very "it's only in the works" stage, but more recently, it's been "it's nearly there, just a few graphics need changing".

My reason for this is - although there a lot of inprovements in the "new page", but if that's the "new" front page, then I'll be skipping it and going straight to the vbulletin page.

Maybe a general consensus might be handy?

S.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The coding is there but the look and feel needs changed fairly radically. The images that are there almost certainly wont be, the colour scheme isnt the final one at all and the structure is going to be chanegd to give more room to the "last 20 threads" area. so while it IS almost there, what we mean is "its almost there for review".

In reality its probably 6-8 weeks from review right now because the admins are all very busy for the first three months of the year.
    When its ready for review but not finished (so we can still make alterations as they are suggested) we'll open it up to everyone.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oh yeah, thats not to mention that Justhalf and his lads are going to want to do some funky xml/xsl thing with it so that you can just take an xml feed and do what you like with it (I think thats the plan but I know very little about that sort of stuff :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

How about having a section which tells us about the new forums that have opened. i mean i am sure i dont know how many new fourms they are hidden in the drop down menu as all i used to naviage now is my subbed menu.

yes, there will be little admin notices like that on the front page.

DeV.

Advertisement