Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Problems

• 30-01-2004 7:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

If anyone could help me with either of these I would appreciate it.

(1) I'm using Eircom Broadband and sometimes when i'm connecting it uses the IP 213 etc etc. When it logs on with this IP I cannot view any web pages and no internet programs load. However when it logs in with 159 etc etc everything is fine. The chances of either appearing are random, I would like to know how do I set it so that the 159 IP arrears everytime?

(2) My gf in a different country uses AOL broadband and every hour, something strange happens. She cannot view any webpages and the programs freeze until it logs off, upon which she reconnects again, only for it to happen in another hour.
    What is the problem and is there a solution?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

(1) I'm using Eircom Broadband and sometimes when i'm connecting it uses the IP 213 etc etc. ...... I would like to know how do I set it so that the 159 IP arrears everytime?

(2) My gf in a different country uses AOL broadband and every hour, ... She cannot view any webpages and the programs freeze until it logs off ... only for it to happen in another hour.

hmm well for number one there, try ringing up Tech support in Eircom, they may be a problem with their DHCP server giving out the wrond DNS information (the computer that gives you your internet ip is telling you the wrong address to get your website information from) :)
    or you could pay for a static ip address ... you're guaranteed that ip EVERY time you log on? *edit* but i dont think you can CHOOSE your ip??? */edit*

number 2 ... it looks like she's being disconnected by AOL on purpose, to force her to switch ip?? maybe i'm wrong on that, but it does seem absurd that it happens every hour! again, ask tech support, there may be a problem with her account, or her physical line.

let us know if you get it sorted out

Daniel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by starjammer
    I would like to know how do I set it so that the 159 IP arrears everytime?
    You don't, you get a dynamic address.
    Those 213 IPs do route properly, it sounds like something in your setup is messing things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 starjammer

alright thanks guys, i'll let you know what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

In the past I've had 159 and 213 addresses, but the last few days - since the early hours of January 23rd - it has been giving me addresses in 83.70.0.0. Apparently Eircom got a shiny new /15 allocation from RIPE (130,000 addresses). I wonder if they're moving all their DSL customers into that range...

Advertisement