Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post War Cardassia

• 30-01-2004 1:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Post War Cardassia
    How do you think Star Trek will continue with post war Cardassia? Now that the planet was completely defeated so badly, and completely screwed over by the dominion and Breen? Also the "Allies" taking the spoils of war?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'd say the planet will be rebuilt with probably mainly federation support, the fact that the cardassians changed signs at the end will surely help them, i mentioned garaks book in another thread which is mainly related to post war cardassia (and also to garak's past) and is quite interesting.

industrial replicators and major rebuilding i reckon is the way forward, cardassians aren't are threat now and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

You didnt tell me it had too do with his past. Please tell me the book name. Would easons or Waterstones have it?

Post-war cardassia will be interesting. I would say there is a large posabality of something simmilar to the end of WW1 on our own planet. The Cardassions (Germans) will have restrictions on there fleet and army size. They will also porbbley have to pay large amounts of dilithum as a war debt.

I also predict a very high chance that both the romulans and the klingons will keep some of the cardassion planets and systems that they seized.

I am also interested in the post war Breen situation. Will the breen just go back to there space and then just not come out again for another few decades/centeries?
    Or will the klingons and romulans have a go at them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The breen where part of the enemy allaince so when they surrendered so did the breen......They lost a lot of ships i douth their any threat to the Fed rommys or klingons

The cardies will more than likely join the federasion

Originally posted by User45701
    You didnt tell me it had too do with his past. Please tell me the book name. Would easons or Waterstones have it?

yeah you should find it in easons or waterstones or something, just to give ya an idea of the book cover

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671038850/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/202-6051565-5394204

Thanx data, ill go check that one out if im in town today.

The cardies are too proud to join the federation. Even if they do it will be several years before they do (kinda like bajoy) they wont want to make it look like they need the feds. They will stay independant for quite a while, unless they are thretened by the roms or sklings and need a quick soluatation - then they may join the feds sooner rather than later.

I bet somehow garack will gain power in the new cardassion leadership. (i hope so anyway)

• Advertisement

ya they will join but it might take years ....

they must have quite a bit of space though it would expand the federation quite a bit a reckon

dont foget though. The cardassion had to make terrirotial concessions to the breen and then the klingons and the roms are both holding some cardassion terrirory. I dsont think they will give it back. But even with what the cardasion have left it would still be quite a bit of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh they're totally screwed! they're no longer a threat to anyone. Cardassia was once a eutopian paradise but then they're natural resources ran out and the military took control. Without they're colony's they simply can't survive, let alone rebuild a fleet!

i reckon the breen took a bit of a beating also and they shouldn't be around for a while either.

it was a nice move bringing them into the war i think, a tech advanced race we don't know much about when you don't think it can get much worse, sure even the tholians could have joined then :)

• Advertisement

The tholians did sign a non-agresson/non-interference pact with the dominion.
    Yes i forgot that cardassia now has no source dilithum or any other raw material.

They will have to relay completly on humanatarian aid.
    Didnt also 600,000,000+ cardassions die when the dominion decided to exterminate the entire race?

not sure about the numbers but the dominion did go to town on them when the cardassians changed sides i think

The Founders destroyed whole cardie citys and colonys.....crist imagen the problums a country would have with out its captial etc

Gareck said 6 hundred million dead and more casualty reports still comming in

Thats 600,000,000 cardassions dead. It will take several generation to recover from that. They will never again pose a threat to anyone unless they somehow develep some new advanced weapon

EDIT: Why havent the dominion/cardassion tried to research cloaking tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

The Cardassians would probably not be a threat again. A nation that undergoes total catastrophic defeat usually loses its taste for war.
    As for the Breen
    " I reckon the breen took a bit of a beating also and they shouldn't be around for a while either."
    But not forever. The Breen showed that they were immensely daring,technologically advanced and unpredictable. I'd say the Coalition would not underestimate them ever again and would keep a close eye on them.

Advertisement