Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Touching The Void

• 30-01-2004 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Is now on general release around the country. I'm going to see it in Tallaght tonight :D

Details from eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

hmmm.. should this not be in films? Cinema is hardly outdoors unless its a drive in and never seen one of them here in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Skorzeny

Yeah i`m going to see it aswell tonight. Can`t wait, the trailer looks great and if its half as good as the book :D:D

Yes, It should be in this forum, because it is more a film for climbing enthusiest(sp?) than film enthusiest. It would be nice if the general public became interested aswell though, as it is a great story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Being the first mainstream film to realisticly depict climbing since The Eiger Sanction it belongs in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Phil post back if the film is good. I'm not that much into climbing but Empire's review of the film has left me wanting to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Go see dave, its a brilliant story even if you don't climb. Its as much a story of survival and the triumph of the human spirit as it as story of climbers. The book moved me to tears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    Go see dave, its a brilliant story even if you don't climb. Its as much a story of survival and the triumph of the human spirit as it as story of climbers. The book moved me to tears.

Will do Phil. As I said the Empire review sounded excellent (the film that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Skorzeny

Well, saw it last night. Fantastic film, really makes you think about some things, like
    "How far would I have gone?"
    Go check it out guys. its well worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davalanche

tis well good i was very impressed with it i think he deserves to be described as a hard %@$t@rd
    the acting is reallygood and its not blown out of any proportion either which is about time for a mainstream climbing film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭jerenaugrim

Originally posted by Evil Phil
    Being the first mainstream film to realisticly depict climbing since The Eiger Sanction it belongs in here.

Is The Eiger Sanction good? There's a great photo in one of Reinhold Messner's books of him with Clint at the top of the Eiger. Clint is standing there acting the star, while Messner is grinning away 'cause he knows he's the real star...

i havent seen it in a while but from what i remember its pretty good two really good books on the eiger though are the beckoning silence by joe simpson or the white spider by heinrich harrer

• Advertisement

Ya, I've read The White Spider. I think it's to be filmed soon.

i know theres a documentary type climbing film in the banff program based on most of what the book goes through and from what ive seen when we were going through the possible film schedules it looks pretty cool

Originally posted by davalanche
    i know theres a documentary type climbing film in the banff program based on most of what the book goes through and from what ive seen when we were going through the possible film schedules it looks pretty cool

Cool, that's coming to Cork next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Saw it Friday night and it kicked ass!!!
    Really inspirational stuff..

Advertisement