Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relevant contracts tax repayment?

Options
  • 30-01-2004 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Where do you send your certs of tax paid for repayment to? Do they go to the Collector general or the local tax office? There are no instructions on the form.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I presume you have P35s. I understand (not sure) you submit these with you end of year tax return and any balance due either way is paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

With the restructuring of the Revenue Commissioners, it depends on your home address for the Revenue District which you must use!! [god my grammar is useless]

You will be able to find the appropriate tax office here Revenue ... Contact section!!

I'm assuming you are looking to get a rebate of RCT (Relevant Contracts Tax) deducted in the 2003 tax year!!

If so, you will need to prepare a Return of Income for the 2003 tax year & the resulting Income Tax liability will be deducted from the RCT, with the remaining balance refunded to you!

Make sure when preparing the Return of Income that you claim your business expenses [such as mobile telephone, materials, protective clothing etc.] from the Gross Income, so as to reduce your Net Profit, thus reducing your Income Tax liability!!

If you go to an accountant, (s)he'll take care of everything for you, with any fee's being tax deductable!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Victor
    I presume you have P35s

I think you meant to say C45s [old name for RCTDCs] ... a P35 is the employer's return for employees!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Yes I have a few C45's

Advertisement