Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM4 03/04 miles better than CM4

Options
  • 30-01-2004 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

I got both of these this week from my cousin.

CM4 is crap , 03/04 seems to be a huge improvement but all that training stuff is just baffling .

Any hints on the training or is it best left alone ?

Any other hints ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

If you cant be bothered get a good assistant manager and good coaches and leave it to the assistant manager..

But by playing about with it you can do good, if it was easy to be great at it would it be any fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND

But by playing about with it you can do good, if it was easy to be great at it would it be any fun :)

Take that back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

With training I prefer a simple enough approach, I just create four schedules one each for Goalies, Defenders, Midfielders and Attackers and fire appropriate stuff into each with a bit of the physical stuff for all.

I think it's important to mix it up a bit as well though give your defenders a shooting praccy every so often instead of double over loading defensive or whatever. Give your strikers closing down sessions and set piece defensive one week in five or six or whatever. I think they get bored after a bit.

One thing that annoys me is that you really have to have penalty taking training somewhere or you'll miss loads of your penos. I usually put it in with the defenders because they can get by with a fairly narrow regime (Overloading defensive, heading, 5 a sides etc.) and then put my defenders as the penalty takers well at least the ones who aren't really crap at it. It would appear to be better to have a guy with a Penalty stat of 14 who practices regularily that one with 19 who hasn't taken one for 5 months.

Training can be finicky but you can make it easy enough on yourself. Don't forget to get physios for each of your schedules and put defensively minded coaches with defenders and adventurous ones with attackers. It's actually quite a bit of fun doing the training yourself when you get used to it.

Advertisement