Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI simple driver missing

• 30-01-2004 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Slight problem here guys.

I recently got a dell system (Deminsion 8300) and decided to put XP Pro on it instead of the home edition that came with it.

I did a full format while installing Pro.

Now I lost the PCI simple communications controller driver, and cant find it on the windows cd or any of the support disks that came with the PC.

Is this a generic driver or do I need a paticular make for a paticular motherboard?

This is really annoying:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Could be your modem or your Game Port...... what is missing from your computer since you re-installed??. Is some hardware not working any more?. If you know what is missing just look for the drivers at driverguide.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

yea modem Ill try that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Get the Intel Chipset Utilty, might do the trick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 silver surfer

if you go to dell.com/support and type in your pc tag # (sticker on the back of the PC) it will give you a list of the drivers for your PC ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The Chipset Utility will reinstall all controllers and motherboard devices, might pick up your missing PCI comm controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

I'll bet a pound to a penny that some component on the pic bus is loose. pull em all out and push em back in tight and restart...

Think about it. win xp has every driver for everything just about. u didnt lose it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

Its probably your modem - I get the same thing when I have to reinstall XP Pro - grab the modem drivers from Dell and try them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

its fixed lads, was the modem driver, which dell forgot to send out with the PC, so I got it of the internet.

Advertisement