Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Article Re: Liverpool From the Excellant Koptalk Website

• 30-01-2004 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I thought it was worth posting. They can send a machine millions an millions of miles through space and land on another planet, take photographs and then beam them all the way back to earth yet a bit of snow comes down in England and the corner shop can't deliver a bloody newspaper just a few blocks away - what's all that about?

I spent an hour looking for my trainers and after tracking them down, I blew the dust off them, grabbed the map to recall where the shop was and grabbed the car keys and set off on my journey!

Anyways, I thought I'd buy a stack of papers (which had absolutely nothing to do with Jordan!) for a change instead of just The Mirror and headed back home.

Having checked out all the football news, it soon became apparent that just about every club that has any real ambitions were strengthening their squads and off-loading the odd player here and there. It really sent home a message that I suppose I already know.

Arsenal recruit Reyes, the Mancs recruit Saha, Chelsea recruit Parker and even Villa snap-up Solano for just over £1million - yes, that's one, million, poxy, pounds. They decided that their squads were not good enough where as we have decided that ours is fine. I'd rather have Solano in the side than Diouf - at least he can cross the ball. That shows how desperate I am to see some action. I mean, ffs, is anyone going to wake up and take ******* control or what?

Every other club has strengthened their squad in the Premiership apart from Birmingham City, Charlton, Newcastle, Everton, Leeds and Middlesbrough. City are still trying to sign Nicky Butt, so too are Middlesbrough who have spent the month trying to land a striker and are locked in talks with several clubs. Charlton - who are 4 points ahead of Liverpool - have raked in £10million from the sale of Scott Parker, Newcastle have sold two and released two and are trying to sign Tottenham's Carr. That leaves Leeds who are broke and going down, the Bluenoses and ourselves. Not convinced? Fair enough, so you think our squad's good enough then? Oh no, silly me, it's the injuries. What was it last ******* year then?

The fact of the matter is we're supposed to be challenging the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and now Chelsea. Maybe we can't compete financially but why is it that smaller teams can strengthen without having to splash silly money? There's also the loan system. Good managers know how to work the game. I don't want to slam Gerard Houllier though because I hold them all responsible. Of course he wants to spend money and bring people in, it's those above him who have tied his hands (although can you blame them?). I just can't believe that nobody - Moores, Parry or Houllier - has pulled rank and said we could do with a couple of changes now. Yes, yes, yes, I know we're splashing the cash on Cisse in the summer but I refuse to accept that we're happy with our squad and that we can't snap up a bargain or two.

Maybe it's because of the snow

Now that my rant is out of the way, I thought I'd come off the fence and state who I'd be happy to see take over as manager if Houllier is given the boot. I have a lot of time for people like Toshack and Curbishley but I'd be quite happy to see Mr Ranieri brought in when he gets sacked from Chelsea. I thought he was doing a good job down there before the money started disrupting things. He could bring a couple of midfielders with him - I hear Joe Cole is very unhappy. It's a bloody good job I'm not the chairman because the whole management team would be out on their arse. We'd either be flying high in the Champions League or we'd be in the Conference playing with a bit of spirit.

Now let's get tomorrow's game out of the way. Defeat is unacceptable in my book.

Have a great weekend and go easy on the roads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think Dunk's missed the obvious there - Houllier hasn't been given any money to spend because the majority of the board no longer have faith in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by super_furry
    I think Dunk's missed the obvious there - Houllier hasn't been given any money to spend because the majority of the board no longer have faith in him.

I dont think he has missed the point.

Of course he wants to spend money and bring people in, it's those above him who have tied his hands (although can you blame them?).

Good honest article IMO. Ranners if he does get the sack could be the man for the job all right though I would question his abilities in the transfer market if he is responsible for the influx of players at stamford bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well someone's missed the point and...........crap, there's no getting out of this hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well it is Friday;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I dont know why i have so much hatred towards liverpool. Maybe its the accents of the local folk, maybe its just the fact that the media has portrayed the people of liverpool as being massive scumbags but i dont get it...its definitely not purely football reasons why i hate them. Oh well, i dont know why...but i do. *sips on hot chocolate some more*

But in terms of the article, i think it's clearly spot on. Houllier has to go if your a liverpool fan, but im not, because as descibed above, for some reason i hate liverpool and everything about it(i dont know why!!!) so i want him to stay playing diouf as a right winger and playing the long ball to heskey or Owen up there on their own for ever and ever and ever

Good evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement