Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol, anyone?

Options
  • 30-01-2004 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

this from Ticketmaster:

SNOW PATROL
    PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS
    THE AMBASSADOR THEATRE
    DOORS OPEN 7:30PM
    SAT 27-MAR-2004
    Price Range: 21.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

excellent, missed their last gig because of lazyness and the fact my mates wont go with me.

i'm definatly going on my tod this time round :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

how wonderful!!! pity it's ages away though:( :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

I really want to get their recent album but last time I checked it was sold out. If it's as good as I think it'll be then I'd definitely be interested in going to this.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

They're the "next big thing" now aren't they? That stupid list in The Irish Times, "What's hot, What's cold" called them "Coldplay Lite" today. I hate that list.
    (i have a special bond with quotation marks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Yeah they are getting a lot of Coldplay comparrisons even though they have been around a long time before coldplay....
    In fact I saw them in Dorans playing with Wilt during my first year in college about 5 years ago.

Jesus I'm old.....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 robwDIT

coldplay me arse! hope to be there meself

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

right, I'm there, anyone else??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Fahbyooluss.

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 loveonautocue

cannot. ****ing. wait. :D:D

still get silly chills when i think about their last gig at the tbmc. and the one before that. and the one before... when gary whacked me in the face with the stage door on his way out. bless! so yes, i'll be there as i always am, with a great big stupid smile on my face, singing along quietly and annoying them with requests for 'starfighter pilot'.

snow patrol. i swear, you just can't beat them live.

('final straw' is excellent. it's the only album from last year that i listen to properly... no skipping of tracks... buy it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Jolene
    this from Ticketmaster:

SNOW PATROL
    PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS
    THE AMBASSADOR THEATRE
    DOORS OPEN 7:30PM
    SAT 27-MAR-2004
    Price Range: 21.50

yes please.

• Advertisement

do you think they will only play new tracks? or will there be a healthy mix. their first album is my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

Just picked up my ticket for the gig. This will be an amazing gig, ive seen them live so many times and they are well worth it. I only hope they play a longer set than the last one in tbmc and this time they play the first song off final straw called how to be dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Deffo think it was too short at TBMC, around 45 mins. Not good, only complaint tho!
    Remember when they played Run?? Twas the first time id heard it as I hadnt bought the album until then. People clapped for about 2 mins after it ended.
    Will never forget that.

No 5 in the UK...damn good goin.

And on the subject of Coldplay, subtle difference is COldplay are sh1t prima donnas, Snow Patrol are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Deffo think it was too short at TBMC, around 45 mins. Not good, only complaint tho!
    Remember when they played Run?? Twas the first time id heard it as I hadnt bought the album until then. People clapped for about 2 mins after it ended.
    Will never forget that.

No 5 in the UK...damn good goin.

And on the subject of Coldplay, subtle difference is COldplay are sh1t prima donnas, Snow Patrol are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

I wonder if it's wrong that I torched my copy of the Sunday Times that called them "this year's Coldplay".

Too much, maybe?

But yes. I'll be buying my ticket this week, I hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

eeeeeeeeeeeeep (squeek of joy!) i cant waaaaaaaaaaait! i missed their last one like jimeatsmenu cus of stoopid friends who have no taste, woohoo : )

they ARE stupid. ya hear that. definatly not my favourite friends. [little snow patrol humour i threw in there, free of charge]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    do you think they will only play new tracks? or will there be a healthy mix. their first album is my favourite.

as far as i remember,
    they only played starfighter pilot the last time
    and one night is not enough from 2nd album,
    but it should be a few songs longer this time!

no. 5
    holy **** they're rockstars!
    no better men ;)

Originally posted by knobbles
    as far as i remember,
    they only played starfighter pilot the last time
    and one night is not enough from 2nd album,
    but it should be a few songs longer this time!

you serious? ****.

perhaps though the last time they played they were just tryin to promote their new album. perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

No thanks, one Coldplay was bad enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

definitly going to be there.

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    they ARE stupid. ya hear that. definatly not my favourite friends. [little snow patrol humour i threw in there, free of charge]

i am offended.

ill forgive you if you pay for my ticket though!

Originally posted by lacuna
    definitly going to be there.

not if i have your ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Originally posted by memaeve
    I really want to get their recent album but last time I checked it was sold out. xm

they have it in Tower, a steal for a mere 12europes99.
    re-relaesed special edition with a coupla other tracks ("We Can Run Away Now Theyre All Dead & Gone" & "Half the Fun")
    Hope that helps Memaeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Cool, thanks. Will hopefully pick it up this weekend.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭starlet

cool skool, I for one can't wait to see my future spouse in the flesh again. soon, Gary, soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Originally posted by starlet
    cool skool, I for one can't wait to see my future spouse in the flesh again. soon, Gary, soon....

did ya hear Gary on 4Music last week - "maybe after I'll get a bit of tit"

don't you just HATE when he talks about your lovelife on the telly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

last time i saw them play i was hoping that they would play "get balsanic vinegar, quick you fool".. but they didn't, i haope they do this time. they are a great live band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

yeah....a longer set with a bigger mix of old and new songs would be great, i still loved their last gig in the tbmc, really hope they play how to be dead this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

indeed! how to be dead is a great song. best on the album as far as i'm conserned. but not quite the best snoe patrol song

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Tyrrial
    indeed! how to be dead is a great song. best on the album as far as i'm conserned.

Chocolate tbh.

Balsamic Vinegar is my favourite over all. Most played on my pc :)

Advertisement