Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol, anyone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i completly forgot about Chocolate, thats a bloody great song.... i don't think i have a fav over-all velocity girl always grabs my attention when it come on. i'd probably say that i enjoy hearing that one the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

this should be a good gig. Im really looking forward to it. They were good at witness and the tbmc gig was great (even if it was a bit short). I hope this one is just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

how long do u think itll be before its sold out?? im a bit strapped for cash at the mo, but im terrified of leaving it too late (again) and not being able to go (again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Yea, was wondering that myself. Anyone care to make an educated guess? :)
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

did anyone hear about the two gigs Gaz & co are playing in the (Scottish) Arran Isles over the Easter Weekend?

Anyone goin?

I'd give my right arm, left foot and any other body part you'd care to mention if I could go to this.

mmmBollix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just over a week to go!

Support is Iain Archer (also in The Reindeer Section), who you also remember from Turin Brakes in Vicar St last year. Hes playing with some of the members of The Amazing Pilots, who live up to their adjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

iain archer is brilliant!! upstaged turin brakes at vicar st. that time i thought, well i thought turin brakes were **** anyway.
    Yiz may be interested to hear that snow patrol are also playin instore tower records on 27th, 2:30 PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i left it too late AGAIN to get my tickets, now they're sold out. my heart is actually breaking.

good news about tower though, that shud make the blow about 1% more bearable to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭furryvision

there was someone sellin a ticket face value on the frames site the other day, prob gone by now but keep an eye out there and on snow patrol message board, you never know! people always have spares that they dont wanna sell to scummy touts

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sillisome fiend

I just got two tickets for 15euro each on buy and sell :D Theres a few people with tickets on snow patrol forum but I think they might be gone by now.

• Advertisement

"Cancelled Due To Illness"

wtf?

The guy in Tower assured me that tonights gig is still going ahead.

I was there aswell....got up early!damnit! The guy in tower told me tonights gig isnt cancelled ...better not be!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    "Cancelled Due To Illness"

wtf?

The guy in Tower assured me that tonights gig is still going ahead.

they played belfast last night.

homecoming gig after much success.

love a pint they do.

go figure.

there'll be a few hangovers floatin about the ambassador stage tonight no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Pity about the Instore, was there myself.
    The gig is going ahead tonight as far as I know.
    Have fun everyone who's going!
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

yeah i was rather bummed meself...twas me only chance of seeing em dis time around...i reckon the hangover theory was correct...either that or they just werent arsed to come down all the way from belfast that early!which i completely understand.

wow what an amazing gig!!:D they're better live then I ever expected. hopefully they'll come back soon. they apologized about tower...said they'll play it next time ;)

Yeah, quite enjoyed it myself. My only gripe is that they only played 4 songs off "When Its All Over....." and none off "Songs For Polar Bears".

Black and Blue and then Spitting Games. Briliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

She reeeeeescues me...class jumpin up and down stuff

Gazza reckons his throat was dodgy so he couldnt make the Tower gig and wanted to save it for last nite.

Good call. Says they will play tower next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    and none off "Songs For Polar Bears".

they played starfighter pilot

feckin great gig though, pity bout the guitar ****in up during the encore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

i bet he wasn't too hungover to watch Celtic play this morning!:D

Originally posted by polarbelly
    they played starfighter pilot

So they did, quite enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

hehehe, the request shouting..rockin gig.
    *starfighter pilottttt*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Oh my God, did ya see? They walked off stage and everyone thought they were finished, but then they came back out!

Who saw it coming?

Apart from no Velocity Girl, was top notch

Here's the lads with Iain Archer playing "Same"

IMG_0192b.JPG

and heres gazza

105_0541_1.JPG

105_0543_1.JPG

Canon Powershot A60? ;)

Canon Powershot A60?

Aye.

Saw someone with similar next to me. Dyou know him???;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

wish i could have see them but i spent all my money on flying over to paris to see Belle and Sebastian...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by acquiescefc
    Aye.

Saw someone with similar next to me. Dyou know him???;)

Twas myself.

Any idea if B&S are coming to Ireland anytime soon Tyrrial? Were they good live?

Advertisement