Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch date for Nokia 6600 on O2/Vodafone

Options
  • 30-01-2004 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does anyone here have any idea on this? O2 and vodafone sales agents are clueless, ditto carphonewarehouse. Helpful fellow in the nokia shop on Dawson street said February, but that sounds way too optimistic.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

march im told, by vodafones customer care line and the guy in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

It totally depends on when the operators upgrade their wap gateway and so on to version 2.0 of the WAP Protocol. When that happens, the 6600 and other WAP 2.0 devices will be launched. This is pencilled in for late Feb, early March... So you should see something then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

O2/Vodafone havent a ****ing clue!!!

People have been waitin for this for months

O2 and the XDA 2.... that's even worse!!!!! ****in arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    It totally depends on when the operators upgrade their wap gateway and so on to version 2.0 of the WAP Protocol. When that happens, the 6600 and other WAP 2.0 devices will be launched. This is pencilled in for late Feb, early March... So you should see something then...

got any more details on which version of of the wap gateway they have?
    or does any one else know?
    i heard its a ollllllllllllllld openwave

Originally posted by MiCr0
    got any more details on which version of of the wap gateway they have?
    or does any one else know?
    i heard its a ollllllllllllllld openwave

I dont have a baldies.

• Advertisement

When they're released on Vodafone and o2, should the carphone warehouse have them as sim-free?

I'm looking for one, seems expensive even over the net, would prefer to buy it over here.

Originally posted by MoonHawk
    When they're released on Vodafone and o2, should the carphone warehouse have them as sim-free?

I'm looking for one, seems expensive even over the net, would prefer to buy it over here.

Carphone Warehouse should have them as sim free regardless of Vodafone or O2... Also, buying them online would save you alot of money probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 reptonite

Hi there

This is the sum total of my knowledge, followed by a question for you all.

1) The 6600 is being sold SIM free in the Carphone Warehouse in Grafton St for EUR 539

2) Though they sell it, they won't insure the handset until such a time as it becomes avaiable tied to a network. Which means you can't get too langers for the next couple of months and leave it in the back of a cab.

3) O2 are behind the times on WAP2. Vodafone (nicely I thought) also have not upgraded 'officially' yet, but at least they've thrown open their test servers to the masses. Wap2 functionality is therefore available in Ireland, as long as you're on a Vodafone number.

4) I have tried just about everything to get the handset working on O2, and am having no joy. Please don't judge me, but I'm on a pay-as-you-go O2 account with a symbian handset. A situation I intend rectifying this lunchtime by going bill-pay on Vodafone.

5) If ANYONE has any futher information regards the 6600 vs O2 Ireland, I would be more than happy to discuss.

<sigh>

M

Vodafone (nicely I thought) also have not upgraded 'officially' yet, but at least they've thrown open their test servers to the masses. Wap2 functionality is therefore available in Ireland, as long as you're on a Vodafone number

What settings are you using for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

I'd like to know the settings also ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

and so would i.

VERY much.

do share ?

Advertisement