Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scenic Places In Cork?

• 30-01-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

I want to shoot a few rolls of film this week with my new SLR and was wondering if anyone here can suggest something worthy of exposure on film? Ideally I'd want to get there by bus and not have it too far from the city. While I'm at it do the photographers of Cork have any particular recommendations as to where you should get film developed? Usually I just go to the local chemist but if there's savings to be had maybe I can shift alliegance :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The view of Cork from Bruce College (Patricks Hill) at night is very nice. St Finbarres is the only real pretty building... Dunno really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Talk to Donncha O'Caoimh who has taken some fine pics of Cork recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

If you travel around Sundays Well too you'd get some nice shots down towards the city. I've often been up there just as it's getting dark and wished I had my camera with me.

Theres an absolute load of nice buildings around anyway so you'll not be at a loss for something to shoot.

Developing is usually fine in a local chemist type setup and as most of the work is completely automated theres little room for error, presuming of course the minlab is maintained properly and has its daily checks. Having worked in several photolabs though I have seen it all go pearshaped numerous times. Lets just say some people don't seem to know what colour balance is :D

Normally in a chemist if you request a matte finish on your prints, the negs will be sent to Spectra for processing. That may well ensure you get decent prints back; assuming of course you want a matte finish in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

some of the views around blarney are nice but that could be a bit out of the way for ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Kinsale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Talk to Donncha O'Caoimh who has taken some fine pics of Cork recently.

Yeah I like that page and some interesting links from it too, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Also try this site with some fantastic pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Thanks for the suggestions, I went to Currabinny and the woods in the end, I'll take a look at those sites, prehaps it can give me a few more ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by rymus
    Developing is usually fine in a local chemist type setup and as most of the work is completely automated theres little room for error, presuming of course the minlab is maintained properly and has its daily checks.

I hear you, recently I had a clerk at one photoshop tell me that some of my film was 'damaged' in an accident! The lady there wanted to charge me full price for three quarters of my prints too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement