Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP1900 installed today

• 30-01-2004 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭

ook, so this is going to be a shameless plug, but anyway

Buy CustomPC magazine. The thing fairly saved me today. Has a great article on Overlcocking in this months issue

What saved my was this

I installed my new(ish) XP1900 on my ABIT KR7A-133R, reset the CMOS.

Boot Up.

Screen says Athlon XP 1200Ghz. I go into the BIOS, and attempt to set it to 1600Ghz.
    no joy. Anyway, this thing goes on for ages, eventually coming to the point where the pc is booting up but telling me windows is corrupt

"PING" i remembered the overclocking article, and the whole point of this post, a table in the back of it with all the standard settings for all XP and P4 chips. Sweetness. Back to BIOS, set User Defined, FSB:133, Multiplier: 12, FSB:AGP:PCI=4:2:1

Sweet. and with my new Zalman on it, http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps7000alcu.htm
    and two Akasa's suckin in, and one out, its currently encoding Megadeth - Behind the Music DVD at 46c

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

lol, if you ever get stuck not knowing what settings for a CPU........

Pop onto komplett website (or somewhere that sells the CPU) find the chip, note the total speed (ie 2ghz Xp2400+) , note the FSB and divide the Total Speed by FSB to get the multiplier..........

FSB is Double pumped on the athlon XP chipsets so a 266mhz FSB chip has a base FSB figure of 133mhz. The base FSB x the multiplier gives you the operating speed of the CPU.

FSB's are either 133mhz, 166mhz, or 200mhz (and 100mhz for durons/celerons) so its easy to work out the correct settings.

Will actually be looking out for that mag as is sounds like it makes for good reading.........

Loki

Advertisement