Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinkpad bios updating

• 30-01-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

we've got an old thinkpad 600 running win95, and i want to put 98 onto it to make it easier to get online/connect to my win2k desktop.

the ibm support pages say that before installing win98 i should go and update the bios of the laptop. ive never flashed a bios before, so im wondering is it something that i can just not do before putting win98 onto it? (its made harder by the fact that my desktops floppy drive hasnt worked in about a year so i dont have any way to easily make - its 0000 on a friday night - the disk to do the flashing) (also, win 95 and the win 98 are both in finnish, so the whole thing is not gonna be a quick job)

any one got any experience of this?

dw

Advertisement