Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best district to live

Options
  • 30-01-2004 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,
    i am flying to dublin in september and i want to know which district is the best to live, taking into account rent, "neighbors"... you know :)
    What do you recommendto me?
    Regards.
    Menkaure

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It very much depends on what you want and you personal situation.

Rents can vary a lot - www.daft.ie will give you an idea on whats available. Generally areas along the coast are middle / upper class areas, with the city centre having a mix of everything and most of the other suburbs varying. Some of the council estates built in the 1970s-80s are still effectively ghettoised with higher unemployment etc., but again this can vary a lot.

The majority of the housing stock is semi-detached three/four bedroomed houses, although a huge proportion of newer and city centre properties are apartments. Generally the property market is overheated.

There is a breakdown between apartments and flats, with the former tending to be puprose built and of better quality, with the latter often converted from other uses.

A good rule of thumb as to what an area is like is to look for mature trees (mature trees = mature area). Also check what an area is like during the day and at 10pm Friday night.

When looking for an somewhere, factor in where you are going to work / study and transport links - traffic congestion is a chronic problem.

Advertisement