Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reporting incomming scans/probes to offenders ISP's?

• 31-01-2004 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

So is their any real point to complaining? or is this just another fact of life like spam?
    Can you even prove such things... since it may just be another infected machine probing away without the knowledge of the user?
    (I'm talking about once off probes on a home-user account.)
    It doesn't bother me so much, since I run a reasonably clean show... but this is exactly the kind of malicious little prick that would just as soon delete some old ladys diary off her desktop then kill-off her OS.
    I think if we can do anything to deter them - we should.
    I know there's a whole shpeel about - "it's your own fault if you're not protected", but there are genuinly innocent, security-unconcious and trusting people out there that don't deserve to have their machine (for the want of a better word) rooted.

Just thought I'd pick your brains on this...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

just take it with a pinch of salt..

there'll be plenty more to take their place if you "report" them

too many scans taking place to catch 'em all!

Advertisement