Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS on a mac...and cable

Options
  • 05-06-2000 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

a while ago there a few people were asking me about how macs handle q3, especially FPS so I just tried the demo test and got 42.5 FPS on demotest 1, personally I have not been around for long enough to if thats good or bad so you lot of peecee nerds tell me =). Oh yeah and irish multichannel have no plans to bring out cable as of yet

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A Mac. A MAC!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Burnsy

I have a blue n' white G3 mac (300 mhz + Rage 128 card) 64 mb memory and I get an fps averaging 25 - 30 frown.gif @ 640*480 with high detail and all effects turned on.

How does this compare to the pc crowd? Would adding more memory bump up the fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I get about 150-200 most of the time. Adding more memory wont help fps I'm afraid. It might help though if the game is pausing a lot to read from the hard drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Strange. I thought it would be faster.

How about removing other programs in memory and allocating more memory to the Q3A app?

Also disable powersave so the machine doesn't spin down the drive between long reads?

You have your virtual memory set to = actual memory +1? (65K)

Also try defragging your drive. Dunno if that will help though as MAC's tend to be a lot faster disk reading then a pc when it comes to fragmentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Most PC users tend to use **** looking configs, ie, TETRIS like, to gain speed as opposed to having a nice look, that is, unless you've a GeForce or some other l33+ card..

<< Arf Arf >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

/me gloats cool.gif

Advertisement