Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from bill pay to prepaid?

• 31-01-2004 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I want to switch from bill pay to prepaid. Which prepaid is the best value, O2 or Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think Meteor offers best off peak value at 13c per minute. (But check out coverage).
    This rate applies to all networks and landlines.

But O2 are also good.

Ready to Go vhange 30c per minute to calls of other networks (off peak).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm kinda thinking of vodafone as I've noticed that other people often have problems with coverage with O2 and Meteor. But then Vodafone are very expensive.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

at the moment meteor has patchy coverage in some areas, although this is something that will change once they can roam on o2 and Vodaphone.

I think that o2 is the best prepaid, it has the lowest text rate, great call rates and some nice features such as call me texts (although meteor has this too). The text bundles are a great idea, altough a heavy texter may find 200/month too small a limit (not m though). Meteor have free texts to other meteor phones, but thats only if you top up by €40 a month or something, and alot of their offers have catches like that.
    out of the 3, id say vodafone is the worst rate wise, and the coverage is pretty much the same as o2, Im on o2 and have never had bad coverage, it has happened where i would lose it for a second, but it comes straight back

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Whats a call me text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

it is a 'i have no credt' call me back message

http://web.o2.ie/portal/products_services/o2_services/call_me/

BrianG

• Advertisement

its when your out of credit (or even if your not). you press *103*<mobile number># and press send, they get a message saying 'can you ring me please' and your number. its handy when your just out of credit etc, but on o2 it can only be sent to other o2 customers, not sure how meteor work theirs, but Vodafone dont do it at all

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Meteor are by far the cheapest but their network is certainly the most tempermental.... Depends what you are looking for really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Meteor is the cheapest by a long shot. None of the other networks offer 13c off peak calls to all networks, free voicemail, 9C texts to 02 & Voda and free texts to Meteor Numbers (if you top up by €20).

The only drawback is the state of their network. It is patchy in a lot of 'covered' areas, non existant in large rural areas and has had a tendency for outages.

yeah theres no doubt they have the best rates, i just dont like their conditions on some of their offers, like the free texts to meteor,
    I might consider a permenent move to them when they sort out roaming agreements with o2 and Voda where they currently have no service

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the free txt thing with meteor is great and all u have to do is top up by €20 a month(€5 a week) which isnt a stumbling block anyway cos to txzt on any network u need credit so free txts is good, if ur txting alot ur going to be buying cred so its hardly a catch. plus u use ur credit to txt other networks and to make calls

• Advertisement
Advertisement