Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card reading on daytime TV

Options
  • 31-01-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Why does my TV licence fee go toward this? I mean, people phoning in to have their cards read, from a playing card deck, no less, not even a proper tarot deck. Seems to me that if card reading were going to be effective, it would require the questioner to actually shuffle the cards.
    :p Still, I guess it depends on what state of consciousness one is in....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Was that on RTE? They have astrologers on too in the afternoon, I think. Did I hear that the Broadcasting Commission is going to get new powers to supervise RTE? It will be somewhere to complain to if you feel your licence fee is not being well-spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Russel Grant has a show on Sky 1 in the afternoons. I've only seen a few snippets but any bits I have seen are were he has been giving advice to married couples.......based on Jupiter rising in Virgo and the hubby being an aquarian etc :rolleyes: I know I would never be in a position to be pressurised into appearing on the show by my partner seeing as I doubt I could truely fall for anyone who seriously believed in that.......@$%$^$*....stuff.

Of what I have seen, the wife always seems to be listening intently and the husbands have this look of "what the hell am I doing here listening to this drivel....oh I know....I'm on TV!..Hi Mum!!" :D:D

Not trying to be chauvanistic but what is it about women that makes them more likely to believe in this stuff and in a similar vein more likely to believe in CAM aswell etc?

Advertisement