Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

18's on a Focus?

Options
  • 31-01-2004 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to put 17 or 18" alloys on my Focus, was just wondering would there be much trouble with shocks, suspension, arches etc??

What sort of width will the Focus take without having the arches hitting the tyres?
    will the suspension need to be changed to take 17's or 18's?

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Ford focus has two 17inch standard rims anyway.

You can fit 17,18 and most of the time 19s without arch work. Look for an ofset about 42-45 and width of 7

Suspension needs nochanges but it'll look like a 4x4 if you don't drop it.

type size is generally 205/45/17 or 215/35/18. You can drop if 35mm on the ford supplied Eibach springs with these wheels no problem.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sorry i'm a bit thick when it comes to this sort of thing, I can get the Eibach springs from any Ford dealer's parts department?

Know any places in the Northeast/Dublin that will do a good job lowering it?

Yup from the any ford garage, It costs about 200ish if you can get the discounts which I can

Here is the part codes. Make sure you use the correct on for your engine size!

1132338 focus 3/4/5dr 1400-1600 kit springs lowering
    1132339 focus 3/4/5dr 1800-2000 kit springs lowering
    1132340 focus 3/4/5dr diesel kit springs lowering
    1132341 focus estate 1.4 1.6 kit springs lowering

Hope this help. Any decent mechanic can fit the springs so long as here has spring compressors. I did it myself!!

Dave

It'd be pretty much the same as fitting normal springs?
    I have fitted normal springs myself on a fiesta, any idea how much it would cost without the discounts? And do you need springs for the front and rear?

I cant see any springs on the rear, there used to be springs over the wheels on the fiesta.

The codes I gave you are for the 4 springs. The rear spring are not on the damper but seperate beside them. Look behind the rear damper and you'll see it. You'll need a spring compressor with log arms though for the rears because of the clearence issues. Once you have that it is pretty simple. Let me know where you live and I might be able to put you in touch with a ford garage that will give you a discount :cool:

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

i first bought my ikons for a focus, but the car was stolen. You can fit 18's onto one, and lower it to 40mm. Anything more is murder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

just to compare, I have 17" rims on my focus. Tyres 205/40/17.

Before 35mm Drop
    lower_before.jpg

After drop on Eibach Springs:
    lower_after.jpg

I got the work done by Motorway in Blanchardstown. They have a garage out the back and do the work there. They only do the lowering if you buy the springs off them. They also give guarantee

I didnt think there would still be a noticable gap, so I've ordered 205/45 profile tyres to fill out the gap a bit, as well as make the ride a bit more comfortable :D

so a set of 18's x 7 (215/35/18) with a 35mm drop would be grand?

Ando ya know how much the springs and fitting in motorway cost?

Yup that size will be fine. No Idea of a price, ando should tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by draffodx
    so a set of 18's x 7 (215/35/18) with a 35mm drop would be grand?

Ando ya know how much the springs and fitting in motorway cost?

I got the lads in the ford factory to put mine on. I ordered cosworth ones and they rounded up to 215 pound.

Give the lads at www.icetronix.com a call, ask for a chap called robbie. This bloke knows his stuff and when you get the springs in, he will get the lads to fit it for you.

gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

As far as I remember, it was €300 for springs + lowering in Motorway, Blanch

Advertisement