Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3M+ pages milestone...

Options
  • 31-01-2004 5:37pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/webalizer/

We just blew past 3 Million pages served in a month (its looking like 3,220,000 roughly for this month). First time we've broken the 3Million barrier and still climbing :dunno:

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

That is a hell of allot.
    I wonder how much bandwith this place uses up a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

User45701 probably accounts for the extra 220,000...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

K, now thats just plain mean

And having "banned" as your custom tag is confusing, for a second i thought "Woah, he got banned for that???"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Raphael
    And having "banned" as your custom tag is confusing, for a second i thought "Woah, he got banned for that???"

its been like that for the past 7 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, but i dont notice things a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

The figures should show around 110,000 more impressions since I munged the logs for tuesday the 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Bloody hell. Don't think my 512/128k connection would handle that too well...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,406 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Regi
    munged
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Victor
    ????

mung

n : erect bushy annual widely cultivated in warm regions of India and Indonesia and United States for forage and especially its edible seeds; chief source of bean sprouts used in Chinese cookery; sometimes plaaaced in genus Phaseolus [syn: mung bean, green gram, golden gram, Vigna radiata, Phaseolus aureus]

He obviously made the database erect and bushy :rolleyes:

or did he... I also found this entry:

mung

/muhng/ (MIT, 1960) Mash Until No Good.

Sometime after that the derivation from the recursive
    acronym "Mung Until No Good" became standard. 1. To make
    changes to a file, especially large-scale and irrevocable
    changes.

See BLT.

More accurate certainly, and while it's an entertaining image picturing Regi running around shouting "Mash Until No Good" in a mongoloid voice and then bashing the muppet.boards.ie with a spanner and then saying "oops" when it blows up and then the running from side to side and the explosions and the hey hey.... hey.

Advertisement