Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great piece of s/w for se t610 users

Options
  • 31-01-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

any maybe other phones
    its called floats mobile agent.
    if you have a se t610 and bluetooth is great
    copies over all your phone book/messages/settings in a few short seconds.

great way to back up!

http://fma.xinium.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah its really good, especially since there is no official phone management software for the t610 like there was for older ericsson phones.

Gives battery information with a nice graph too and synchronises your phonebook seemlessly so you can edit your contacts easily on the PC then transfer to your phone.

But I'm a little suspicious of the program because sometimes messages disappear from my phone when I've been using the software, and it crashes for me whenever I try to disconnect. And it doesn't fully support the t610 yet, so as a result it deletes my notes and my code memo thing every now and then. Annoying bugs, but its free and its being constantly updated so its getting better and better. Just watch out it doesn't delete something important..

In fact I just noticed that my version from the start of Decemeber is already out of date so I'll go download the new version now ;-)

EDIT:
    Just finished trying out the latest release, theres a lot of new stuff in it.. Now I can control my laptop with my phone when we're watching a dvd, and the volume too, which is supercool. Really handy. Same goes for Powerpoint presentations (not much use for me though) and Winamp and WMP. Most "interesting" new feature though is the ability to take a picture.. So you leave your camera phone in a room, be next door and take photos then download them from the phone straight away. Now thats something that could be abused on a regular basis so I wonder if that'll be in the next release?

All via bluetooth of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Great piece of software.....highly recommended to T610 users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

Yeah its a pretty cool peice of software.
    But I haven't figured out how to use it properly. I can use the keypad that comes up on the screen to control the phones aswell as sending and recieving files to the phone, but I haven't worked out how to control my pc from the phone.
    Does it work from the accesories menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah if you go to Connectivity => Accessories on your T610 there are a few different options there, depending on which script you're using (select the script from the FMA options dialog). The default carpediem script is good but you can download "CarpediWebMouse 1.3" from the FMA website and it gives you more options and utilities. One of them is to control the Windows pointer with the T610's joystick. You can also control WinDVD, Media Player, Winamp, Powerpoint etc.

Pretty nifty.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New release out yesterday....
    Change log for 0.1.0.32

- Fixed Open SIM Database when Phonebook is selected issue.
    - Fixed Phonebook Synchronization re-coded from scratch.
    - Fixed Update SIM, do not check deleted for restrictions.
    - Fixed bug #849905 @ added at the end of text messages (SMS)
    - Fixed Holding No/Back button in AM issue.
    - Fixed Hide Calling box on Proximity Away.
    - Fixed Database folder name is OS safe (Motorolla IMEI issue).
    - Fixed Timeout error triggered on unhandle AT response.
    - Fixed Abort does not cancel Auto-reconnect feature.
    - Fixed Phonebook not sorted after refresh issue.
    - Added Apply length restrictions when copy ME to/from SM.
    - Added Scrit Object method call with parameters support.
    - Added Web Update wizard, allow update/downgrade at once.
    - Added Contact GUID field (prepare for Outlook Sync, ID).
    - Changed Sort all in SIM changes misplaced contacts only.
    - Changed sleep mode while executing AT command.
    - Changed Sync Phonebook button merged with Refresh button.
    - Changed GUI colors and other Bugfixes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Works with T68i phone also...

brialliant piece of software...

Big jump forward from original which was deisgned for T68.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

god this software is class!!!! having a bit of trouble with the using the computer's headset to make calls, got a few to work but sometimes just get static/distortion. im usin the msi bluetooth key. also where can i find that control the pc app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

If you go to http://fma.xinium.com/ and then go to the download section you'll find the CarpeDi3m script.You'll need to download that,and then load the Mobile Agent,go to the 'Toold' menu and select scripts.Select wherever you downloaded it to and select ok.Now when you restart the program you should get the FMA device in the 'Accessories' section of the connectivity menu on the phone.

Sometimes you might have to change the extension of the script from .vbs to .vbscript for it to load properly.Just try it normally,and if that doesn't work then change it.

Also when using the phone for winamp control etc. I've found that if you select an option too soon after the last one then the pc stops responding to the phone's commands.If that happens then just go back out of the FMA menu,and then re-enter it.That seems to reset everything and it works fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

ok got i downloaded and put the script in, fma appears in my accessories menu but when i click on it nothing happens, any ideas?

Advertisement