Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Tribute CD

• 31-01-2004 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

This just in:

More information has surfaced about the upcoming homage to the musical legacy of DEATH mainman Chuck Schuldiner. Set for release on Mascot Records in June, "Within The Mind" is a tribute to one of the most influential bands ever in the history of extreme metal.

So far this is the confirmed list of musicians involved in the project:

James Murphy (ex-DEATH, TESTAMENT, OBITUARY)
    Darren Miller (CKY)
    Paul Gray (SLIPKNOT)
    Mick Thomson (SLIPKNOT)
    Bret Hoffmann (ex-MALEVOLENT CREATION)
    Dave Culross (MALEVOLENT CREATION, ex-SUFFOCATION)
    Ross Dolan (IMMOLATION)
    Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY)
    Mike Chlasciak (PAINMUSEUM, ex-HALFORD)
    Terry Butler (SIX FEET UNDER, ex-DEATH, MASSACRE)
    Chuck Billy (TESTAMENT)
    Eric Peterson (TESTAMENT, DRAGONLORD)
    Ryan Martinie (MUDVAYNE)
    Chad Gray (MUDVAYNE)

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net

Are we missing anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Members of Slipknot and Mudvayne!???!!

Poor old Chuck Schuldiner must me rolling in his grave at the thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I agree, and there should have been more guest musicians from the Tampa scene.

But i cant complain with James Murphy & Terry Butler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Man, Terry Butler wasn't good enough to be in Death when he was in Death.

Get the lads from Atheist and Cynic together to do the whole damn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

hmmm, intriguing, but some people do not deserve to be involved in this project - there are so many other deserving people that are being overlooked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Originally posted by Doctor J

Get the lads from Atheist and Cynic together to do the whole damn thing.

True - and i'm actually surprised the Human crew is not participating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Guitarist James Murphy (ex-TESTAMENT, DEATH, OBITUARY) has posted the following message at DEATH’s official website (www.emptywords.org) regarding the upcoming Death tribute project, Within The Mind - In Homage To The Musical Legacy Of Chuck Schuldiner, due out through Mascot Records in June.
    “Tonight Richard Christy (Death, Control Denied, Iced Earth, Burning Inside) confirmed his appearance on the Within The Mind project.
    Richard will play on a total of 4 tracks which originate on the Human and Individual Thought Patterns albums. He will spend the next week or so refreshing his memory and sharpening his chops on those songs and then I will join him at his Orlando warehouse the following weekend forsome intense rehearsals after which we will enter a local Orlando studio (ARS is the most likely choice) and lay down his tracks.
    We're very excited and honored to have Richard on board and his tracks will be the first to be recorded for the project! Soon after I will begin rehearsals with Dave Culross and he will record the majority of the remaining drum tracks.
    Also noteworthy: at last night's OPETH concert in Tampa, drummer Martin Lopez expressed his interest in playing at least one track on the Within The Mind project. Schedules permitting, I will try hard to make certain that he does!
    More news as it develops....”

Christy's a decent drummer but he's no Sean Reinert, that's for sure. Not even Martin Lopez comes close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Lopez is still quality tho! :D

Advertisement