Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by daveyjoe
    I don't understand what you mean by that.

You had to hand up the biology paper because you answered the questions on the paper itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 jackwalli

PrecariousNuts - I only wanted the mock paper because its harder/different to the actually department papers. The papers ive got back to 1984 are varied - there's always new and unusual things coming up - in the papers at least - i want to be as prepared as possible.
    You're right about question 3 - usually the easiest question on the paper, gorgeous question. The only thing that comes close is Question 4 when its a fixed wedge or pulleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Originally posted by claire h
    You had to hand up the biology paper because you answered the questions on the paper itself.
    Right, that makes sense ... sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

just give her the damn papers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I have my mocks in two days. I can't wait for them to be over with so I can listen to teachers try and tell me I need to study, and parents moan about time flying and how I need to study.

I know already.

You are boring.

Does anybody really care how they do? I would except I dont think it is a good idea for the majority of my exams as we haven't finished the course so its not even a proper predicition of how I am going to do.

The more time I spend in school the quicker I want to escape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

This might sound strange, but they only want the best for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

History... I don't think I can pass the leaving cert... Everything else is grand but my situation in this subject is getting me down

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah I know. But they are stressing me out by going on. Meh. I am gonna stop ranting and just ignore them.

It'll all be over soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I get my music practical mock on thursday, and my german aural mock on friday. Then the rest start on the following thursday... I can hardly wait.

**There is no emoticon for how i'm feeling, but its something like.... OH F*** OH F*** OH F***!!**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Accounting is the bane of my life, it's the only test I failed. Bloody hell is it tough :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

got most of my mocks results except for economics. so far i've 290 points. economics should take it up to about 350. which isnt bad.

two results recieved, 160 points so far, gotta love that A2 in chemistry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

Anybody got the 2004 Mocks exam papers for Maths ordinary level paper 2 or the Physics Higher level Papers. Urgently need them. And to all those who say that there is no point in getting a look at the papers -- there is! I know the mocks are just mocks but u got to consider the parents. Please ppl. ASAP. Thanx very much.

No point telling you because this will get back to the teachers and they probably will whinge about it, anyway you are only fooling yourself.

But the physics paper I got had a nasty question on U-Values. You might want to ask some friends that do construction studies to give you a basic rundown on the calculations because a whole question is about it. Thats the only hard thing about it though.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Gotten five papers back, so far I'm on a grand total of...110.

Roll on the LC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

Counting my 6 best subjects I got about 430 or so. Mostly Bs and low Cs which hopefully won't be too hard to push to As and Bs come the real thing.

Originally posted by one-angry-dwarf
    Mine started on thursday with english (h) 2 and maths (o) 1. friday i had irish (o) 2.
    English went really well, it was exactly what id hoped would come up. For macbeth it was the theme of kingship and poets were Mahon, Dickinson, Kavanagh and Wordsworth.
    Maths and Irish being my worst subjects went awful.
    Got Art history on monday.

I thought they were maybe 2 or 3 variatons of popular papers, like maths and geography from each company? Or is that just our teachers messing with our heads so we wont look at any other mocks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭irishpal25

i think you might be right. i got my Girlfriends Irish paper(their school gets different mocks than us) but it is the same exam yet al the other exames are different so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    Accounting is the bane of my life, it's the only test I failed. Bloody hell is it tough :(

Any hints? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Oooh, I do accounting... we got suspense a/cs, control a/cs and club a/cs in the first section, ratios, tabular statement & cash flow statement (make sure you can do an abridged p&l a/c) in the second section, and marginal costing and some kind of budget that I don't remember now in the third section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I see.

Our teacher said she's making her own, but she probably won't. Hopefully those questions will come up on ours too.

Time to revise this crap now. I can't even remember how to do most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bu

Does anyone wana give me any hints for the Physics and Economics papers...please? They're my last 2 and I've done crap so far!

Well amazingly I got 89% in physics, 2A's and a C so far brings me up to a whopping 240 points, hopefully I will get an A in bio leaving me with 330. English, German and Irish won't be too good.

For physics, law of lever, refraction, sound and resistance with temp comes up on experiments. rest is the usual. Hope you get a different paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

Hi all,

I did my English paper 1 yesterday. It was the one on Umbrellas, Mobile phones and photos on Smoking. Sound Familiar???????

If you did mock papers from this company PPLLLLEEEEEAAASSSEEE let me know what's coming up on Paper II. I hav it on Monday but I've Physics the same day so I cant do enough study for both.

Please, Please, Please, Please,Please, Please,Please, Please, let me know what's coming up (Poetry, Macbeth etc.)

Thanks.

Ok, so my mocks start on Monday, and yes, I've just realised that I'm officially screwed. Only starting revising for business right now. Maths teacher said the paper is "interesting". I'm presuming "interesting" is a bad thing. Physics teacher said the paper was "quite challenging". Badddddddddddd. Havent even had time to start physics revision yet. English, im totally screwed, havent done any poetry all year, have only read my texts once each, dont know any Macbeth quotations. Doing pass irish, so it shoudnt be too bad, unless its like the aural, which was a bitch. French should be ok, and i dont get to do an applied mock. So yeah, panic setting in. Begining to wonder why i'm still typing this instead of revising.
    Anybody has an applied mock they might want to share, since im not able to do the mock in school?

Yeah I could do with an applied paper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Hey guys, My mocks are nearly over now, things didn't go too badly
    All, I have left is maths 2 and economics, and my dreaded orals.
    For anybody who is doing ordinary Irish, on the paper I got, the aural is extremely difficult.
    PM me if anyone want's hints on any exams, I don't want to be giving people all the questions though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Yea, that pass Irish aural was a bitch. My one was had a section about the weather and the Atlantic ocean.

Done my mock french oral the other day. Got 51%, fncked up a lot, was sat there saying ''aaaaaah,am,aaaaaaaah'' for minutes at a time.

Mocks starting on Tuesday, Tech Drawing first. Anyone do it yet - what ye think?

Also,
    anyone got the second paper of the Honours maths paper PrecariousNuts posted on the first few pages?
    I'm doing pass, friend wants the paper 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Con

Does anyone know what proofs came up in honours maths???

• Advertisement

Con:
    All I've done so far is Paper One - you just need to differentiate CosX by first principles in question 6 or 7. Not doing paper two, so thats all i can help with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement