Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

i'll try and do that soon, if i could get a copy of yours too that'd be great.

Btw, please ignore the scribblings on my one. I think each part i finish, and when i have time at the end i "check" through everything i've done. When i "checK' a question, i write check on the paper, and but big ticks on it. :-p

Ok, well here are the links for the scans of my mocks - I've sent you a private message with the password you need to view them - just leave the username blank and type it in. If anybody else wants to view, then theyll need to message me.

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i've got my scan-ins ready aswell.

If anyone wants em, pm me.

EDIT: for those confused people out there, thats applied maths scan-ins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I used the word 'penis' in my Emily Dickinson essay :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Originally posted by Kold
    I used the word 'penis' in my Emily Dickinson essay :D

I'm sure you're very proud of yourself. ;) How, exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Thats not as bad as hopkins pleasuring himself with a crucifix

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Thats not as bad as hopkins pleasuring himself with a crucifix

Hey, he never pleasured himself. He was just "stimulated in the wrong way" by them. *snickers*

**wonders to himself** Would i get bonus marks if i wrote that in my english poetry question? It shows i have an in-depth knowledge of the poet.... :p

I said that the poem "A narrow fellow in the grass" was just a humourous outlet of her sexual frustration.

An interesting interpretation. :) I don't think she was sexually frustrated, myself. Of course, I think herself and her sister-in-law were having a torrid affair, but that's a whole other story...

*fond sigh* I like the poetry part of the English course...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I finished my mocks on Friday. They weren't that bad. I'd say I got B's maybe an A in my sciences, maths probably a C. I'll bring them all up to A's for the leaving cert. English I felt went well but I've no idea what I got. I passed pass irish so i don't care with what mark. Unfortunately I'd say I definately failed honours french....I'll have to drop to pass. Its ridiculously tough; you have to be fluent. One of the written exercises was commenting on the death penalty. WTF!?
    It's weird the way the tests actually make you physically tired as well as mentally. My hand was so sore after english. Our pre-debs were on saturday so that was a good relief.
    How long do they take to get the results back?

• Advertisement

Pre-debs what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

I assume by that you mean you don't understand the concept of pre-debs?
    Basically its just an excuse to go out and get pissed with your whole year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

So far, I've had :

Tech Drawing - **** of a paper - probably passed it.

French - (one about Arsenal and family life in the olden days) Decent enough, hitting on a C1 i'd say, though I didn't do the Letter :/.

Maths - All round **** of a paper. Scraped a pass.

Irish - Quality. Didn't have the letter or essay prepared (couldn't find them in my copy the night before) but managed three pages between them.

Construction and Biology tomorrow, and English to finish with on Tuesday.

All honours except Maths and Irish.

Oh right... can't beat getting pissed after exams I suppose

I've art history tomorrow... Who looked at the art leaving cert syllabus and went "only talented people can do well in this... lets stick some history in there!"

Only subjects I can be bothered my arse revising are Biology and History(only european). The rest sends me to sleep.

So far:
    English i did diabolical in paper 1 because i was too tired/hungover, paper 2 i did pretty good (plus penis mentioning = 20bonus points) and the fact that I've only read one of my comparative texts...

Geography, surprisingly well although i aborted doing physical as i hadnt revised it and only got half of a made up physical written out.

Art Craft fairly good, prep work could've been better but that aint really worth ****

Maths, kinda crap. Just couldn't be bothered my arse revising it.

I'll step it up for the leaving cert alright and I believe i will get in and around 500 but I'm just so tired lately that my sleep is worth than my mock grades

Right, just did another today....

Maths Paper 1: Brilliant! This (very nearly) couldn't have gone better. There were only 3 things i couldn't get out, but each of them i made a very good attempt at. If i get less than 250/300 for this paper, i'd be very disappointed.

Also, i got my result for Tech1 today, 85.5% out of that paper!! (thats 42.75% out of the total, i've already passed!). That came as a big surprise, but a really welcome one. Now, can i do as well in paper 2.

The great thing is i only need to average C2's to get into my course (electronic engineering in UCD), so i'm well on my way there.

Did you get the same maths paper as me? The one with the crazy applications of differential calculus and integration question?

We havn't done integration yet (we have it about 3/4 done) so i didn't bother attempting the question, and my integration questions were relatively straight forward, so i think we had different papers.

My question 2 (c) looked something like this...

Given Un =[SinO]^n + [CosO]^n

Prove Un+3 - Un+5= etc etc...

Is that the same as yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I had that same paper today.

It wasn't the worst. I actually got a few answers right! Paper 2 will be awful though.

Yeah, jeez that question was annoying, I had better things to be doing than trying to multiply out that **** of an equation. How nice of them to have it divided by Un+1 aswell, twats.

That means you had to do a sequences and series or induction question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

anyone know whats on the physics paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

Originally posted by plastic_axe
    anyone know whats on the physics paper?

yes.

Originally posted by dub_dan
    yes.

no.

Did you get the same maths paper as me? The one with the crazy applications of differential calculus and integration question?

I got that paper - i didn't see any crazy differentials or integrals? My worst question was probably question 3 - should've been the easiest, but i started to run out of time and just did it on my calculator. Probably wont get any marks for it. Apart from that, the only thing i couldnt do was the sin^n thing. Probably get some attempt marks though. Overall, nice paper. Partial fractions came up on the applied paper too, so i had revised them the day before, which was nice.

Well 7c ii worked out so badly ie, nothing cancelled and it was just one huge line of maths I thought I did it wrong but it turned it out that was the actual answer!

Thats crazy.

Well 7c ii worked out so badly ie, nothing cancelled and it was just one huge line of maths I thought I did it wrong but it turned it out that was the actual answer!

Thats crazy.

For 7 c ii, i just used logs to convert it into 4 easy differentials, and then differentiated each, took maybe 5 lines. It was more of a logs question than anything else, unless you did uv within a u/v, which would take a little longer but you get the same result. I actually thought Q7 and Q8 were the easiest questions out of the ones i did (1,2,3,6,7,8). Question 6 c (ii) i couldnt get the second part (finding the coordinates), the rest was easy. Apart from those damn calculator matrices.

i couldn't do it as a log question, i split it into two fractions, and then integrated each fraction seperately, then i broke it down slightly, and left it at that. I'm pretty sure its right, but it isn;t in it's simplest terms... but then again, they didn't ask for that :D. I just hope i did it right.....

Now i'm really not looking forward to paper II. It better not be as bad as people just said it is.

The log way was easy too, just get the ln of each side and use the log rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i got sum results 2day....
    c1 in acountin
    e in french
    and 76% in paper 1 maths.... not so bad i suppose

• Advertisement

First result back today:
    Applied maths, 81%. Teacher says we should be looking for a 15-20% increase in our grades for the real thing, since our paper was so weird. So i guess the A1 isn't so far off anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement