Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX to my dvd player

• 31-01-2004 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'd like to burn one of my divX's to either a cd or dvd to play on a basic dvd player. So how do i go about doing this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

i just did one a few hours ago using nero. does the job really well. it does take time to encode the avi then it burns to cd in vcd or svcd format (or dvd if you have a dvd burner in your computer)

dw

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

This site is definitely worth a look. I found it helpful, as I'm a n00b when it comes to encoding. I've just downloaded TMPGEnc for encoding to MPEG and DVD Author for further encoding! :rolleyes: Maybe then I'll be able to write to DVD!

Have never used Nero for encoding, as I heard it wasn't great at encoding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea ive been thinkin (not much) that id like to put some of my DivX's onto DVD....... i can put them onto VCD no problems but ive got a dvd writer and it would be great to be able to do it!!

Is there a way without spending money (that'd be great)??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Since writing, I had made my first DVD from an AVI. Sadly, it didn't go well. I had video but no audio. So, I have decided to extract the audio seperately using Virtual Dub, and have started encoding again (just 7 hours to go.. :rolleyes:). Maybe this time I shall check my MPEG conversion to make sure there's audio before burning!

I got all the help so far from that site i posted above.

The software I'm currently using:
    TMPGEnc 2.5 for converting AVI to MPEG
    TMPGEnc DVD Author for converting MPEG to DVD file and burning.
    VirtualDub for extracting audio from AVI seperately.

If there is better way of doing this, I'd like to know. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thanks lads :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement