Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! Windows Media player 7.1

Options
  • 01-02-2004 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I have windows media player 7.1 for windows 98 and i've been trying toplay a movie on it but all that happenesis i can hear the audio of the film that play. but the visual is one of those things that WMP does when you are listening to music.

Help Please!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

you need the codec for it to play the film. you can get the codec packs no hassle or just the codec you need for your film from doom9.org. Use a program from that site called g-spot to identify what codec your movie is using. how it works is you download g-spot, run it, tell it what film you want to check and it will give you the details on the file. get the gordon knot codec pack on doom9 for fast results, it should have the codec your require (it's under the downloads section)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Great little program is gspot. I grabbed it for the first time last week & I'm finding it quite invaluable already

Advertisement