Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB down

• 01-02-2004 1:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Hi

Does anyone have IOLBB here and not been able to log in. Not the wrong password error that happens all the time but a new error "Error 734 The PPP link control protocol was terminated" I cant get in at all. I am using a stupid dial up here.

John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

It dies over and over .....:dunno: doesnt seem to want to stay on for more than a few mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Never mind it let me back in after about 50 trys. God dam IOL. I disabled LCP in the PPP settings and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I have lost the connection once or twice in the last few hours even with the router, but it seems to be back up now. By which I mean the connection has been up for more then 25mins:rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Same here, went down at about 12:10am then again at 12:40... the latter downage lasted ages tho :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

same problem noted here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Getting random disconnects here (2 so far in about 2 hours), coupled with inability to login (password, PPP, unable to establish connection etc.)

And 2 more times in 10 mins. With errors 718 (timed out) 734 (unable to establish connection), 735 and good old 691.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thank ****, thought it was just me.,
    its still not working properly for me yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Fabre

Same problem here, got disconnected a couple of times, and got the ppp error when trying to reconnect.

this is very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

In the past hour and a bit I've not had 5 consistent minutes online, it disconnects within 2 or 3 minutes, and then takes 10 minutes to get connected again, great service this. Money well spent. *cough*

• Advertisement

This is horrid!!!! to reconnect it takes like 10mins of messing around with the router:mad:, it loses the net every 20mins AT LEAST :mad: :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

thank ****, thought it was just me

lol, god i thought things were meant to get better with broadband

p.s. i too have been gettin the same problems

Originally posted by krattapopov
    lol, god i thought things were meant to get better with broadband
    No just faster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Are y'all ringing IOL tech support on 1890 923 111? There's no point whinging here if you haven't whinged to those responsible ;)

Errors on one try
    15:30 01/02/2004
    718 The connection timed out waiting for a valid response...

734 The PPP link was terminated

691 Invalid password

Then got cut off twice after less than a minute connected.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

1890 is a lo-call number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh if it an 1890 number it cost **** all a minute same price as a local call, its eircom that has the expensive tech support number 74c a minute or something

eh there tech support ,actually any support doesnt have a clue about anything !

Cant get in for more than 5 minns at all today. I already rang tech support about the wrong password error and was told basically there is nothing they can do. Im going to ring now about the new errors and tell them that in a weeks time if I cant get in to my account in one try or the connection drops more than once a week im going to switch to eircom. And I know the contract is for a year but they have already broken it by not keeping their side of the deal and providing a proper service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

phew! i see there's plenty of unhappy people, something may actually be done about it.

Tech Support u say? been trying that for quite a while now. Starting to believe it's just some type of crappy music playin hotline....or somthin :confused:

Either way phonelines seem to be fairly packed....or else they've just got their fingers up their arses. I'm tending towards the later tbh.

Have phone up to ear as typing

:mad: update: Was cut off as finishing this post

TWICE

Originally posted by Ebonyks
    Tech Support u say? been trying that for quite a while now. Starting to believe it's just some type of crappy music playin hotline....or somthin :confused:

Have phone up to ear as typing
    heh same here... you know if you mash the keypad while annoying bitch robot voice comes on, she repeats herself.... you could do a dance mix of it.
    I think the battery in my cordless phone will run out before someone picks up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

still getting the problems now, connection not lasting any longer than 5 mins
    getting really annoying

Bah I gave up waiting on hold... anyone gotten through?
    Any answers?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I believe UTV are having similar problems since yesterday. Are you all in Dublin? Might be an eircom **** up.

It seems to be all over the country. When ringing tech support the best thing to do is ring from your computer. That way you can just sit there and pick up the mic when sombody answers.

i`m in dublin, this is ****ing pathetic.
    such a waste of a day, i had a lot of stuff to do !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

heh same here... you know if you mash the keypad while annoying bitch robot voice comes on, she repeats herself.... you could do a dance mix of it.
    I think the battery in my cordless phone will run out before someone picks up.

"Th..th..th..thankyou for continuing to hold...th..th", yeah ya could lay down some serious beats to that :D

btw Clearz? What proggie you using for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

same here in Ennis, must be the rain and wind!!!!

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Same prob here. AARRRGH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

I'm with EsatBT and have had problems since very early this morning, I called support a few minutes ago. Aparently this is a country wide problem, unfortunately I didn't get any specifics but it looks like to me to be a DNS resolving issue. Anyone have more info on this?

• Advertisement

Vuk how did tech support treat ya ?;)

Advertisement