Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB down

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭deadduck

same probs here, this is my 1st. connection since 3.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Started happening late last night for me, it seems to be getting worse instead of better. At this stage I've given up and resorted to dialup. I feel dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Vuk

Originally posted by Placebo
    Vuk how did tech support treat ya ?;)

Very good of course :)
    In my 16 months of being with esatbt, i've only had to call them twice, this is the first time I've ever a problem with my connection, sort of comforting to know that it's a country wide problem and not eircom fiddling with my wires!

Oh and I flatly refuse to switch back to dial-up<shiver> until this is cleared up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dont mean to go off topic but took them a long time to take me online to bb.
    Firstly they sent me the direct debit forum twice and ofcourse the forum online was out dated, then they sent me a different password to what i registered, then i was told i was online, so i kept trying for a day or 2, then after several calls to tech support and serveral hours wasted listning to flat music and being re-directed to the northern ireland line i got told that my account wasnt activated and would be so in 15 min ! er no way hozay, rang back, was told that it was very wrong of the tech support person to tell me that since it takes a while for it to be activated by the engineers, after that, i spent another day connecting to the wrong password, then again tryed ringing em to finally find out that the user name/password they sent me wasnt the one i was ment to use, the correct one was the one i registered with,

not to mention the invalid username/pass error everytime.
    Nowadays trying to switch to bundle 4, and changing line to esat, rang serveral times an emailed,

esat eh, i dunno. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Placebo, are you sure you didnt just get transferred to someone with a northern irish accent? :) (Seeing as the only tech support call center they have is in Dublin)

• Advertisement

nah, it was somewhere not in dublin and i told her my problem and she was like i`ll direct you back, you got directed since their lines are flooded or something.

btw ive been connected for 35 min, this problem might me fixed. lets wait and see..

edit : 1hr 4 min
    false alarm, got d/c again in the same manner, 3 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

nah, gone again after 20 mins here in windy clare

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

I got about an hour there too, but not even a squeak now. I love you broadband, please come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Has anyone noticed their download meter go up?:p; I have gotten 1GB or so over the night and day and it still says 0.0GB :D, when you guys get back on try and grab as much as you can!!!!! ;).

man, my meter doesnt update until next day ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

"Th..th..th..thankyou for continuing to hold...th..th", yeah ya could lay down some serious beats to that :D

btw Clearz? What proggie you using for that?

I use phonetools. It comes with dell pc's but I think there is a dialer built into windows also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

same thing is happening to me, the odd thing is when I click on the IOL bb icon to connect, instead of it coming up and waiting for me to click connect, it just goes straight through trying to connect. As in that box where u can enter you user name and password doesnt come up. This didnt happen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

its been a bit better today here in Clare, on for about 55 mins now and no drop out. At least they appear to be doing something. I get a funny when I try to connect it that it comes back wrong password and when I re-type passowrd it works but it is the same password I have saved. Anyway it has been very good since last september and maybe that DOOM virus is having an effect. I wonder do they have a status item on their home page like they do on UK sites like BT etc???

gb--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Hey, at least I now known I am not alone! :)

My brother and I tried to figure that one out for ages during the weekend.. I nearly flung the cheap POS ZyXel USB modem out the fuinneog a few times.

It sounds like their DSLAM front end kept rebooting or something along the lines of that.

Does that mean we dont have to pay for one day in our monthly bill? SLAs and all that considered!

yo yo yo hoes,
    i just kept it on yesterday and downloaded 1 gb and my metter is still on 0.0.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ? unless, i think my meter always updated every 24hrs. which i dont know why !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep as I said Placebo it's free for all time!!!:D :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

my usage calc is still reading Zero - I've reconnected a few times just to see if that would wake it up, still zero. Anyone else finding this happening ?

No probs at all yesterday with BB , all seems back to normal now.

OfflerCrocGod
    really ? god, is meter back to normal yet ? cause i wont be able to tell, mine updates everyday.
    Must take advantage, lol.

Advertisement