Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus tickets for Charity

Options
  • 01-02-2004 5:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what board this is best in so I am going to cross post in Feedback/Volunteerism.

If the either feel it belongs elsewhere please move/delete with my sincerest apologies.

It strikes me how much money I, as an irregular bus user, generate in bus refund tickets on Dublin Bus.

Because of busy work hours and laziness I never ever reclaim them and I suspect that most people are the same.

I'm proposing an ongoing drive amongst boards users to collect these tickets from friends, family and co-workers to pool and reclaim for a worthy cause.

I would nominate Crumlin and Temple St. Childrens hospital. I've already managed about 10 euros with a survey of family and friends and work colleagues. Consider the amount that end up in the wash, this really may be worth the effort.

Anyone else think we could get an ongoing collection fro boards members to collect and donate maybe 2-3 times a year? any violunteers with logistics?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yes i could see that working. I would choose a differnt worthy cause myself but the idia is sound. I hope it takes off

Advertisement