Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda Kenny again

Options
  • 01-02-2004 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

It seems Enda Kenny has made another public racist comment.

Apparently he believes that its hard to get votes from immigrants as "they all look the same"!

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Here's a link. The reference is at the end. If I read it correctly the comment was purportedly made on November 19 and one of the media picked up on this, presumably because they're not in the habit of going to TCD YFG meetings.

I'm rather appalled if this is true. The earlier comment (the joke making reference to Patrice Lumumba) I wasn't all that worried about as there were a number of different interpretations of the joke and I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt. (as an aside one of Lumumba's sons is living in Tallaght with his seven children, I'd be interested to hear what he thought of it). This however, relatively unverified as it is, is worrying. Kenny seems to be one of his party's worst enemies at times - assuming this is true, this is clearly one of those times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by sceptre
    Kenny seems to be one of his party's worst enemies at times - assuming this is true, this is clearly one of those times.

Well the Indo picked up on it too.

He seems to be indicating that he didn't mean it in the context everyone took it up in. I'm trying to figure out what way he could have meant it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by syke
    It seems Enda Kenny has made another public racist comment.

Apparently he believes that its hard to get votes from immigrants as "they all look the same"!

:rolleyes:

So what?

We are living in a world that political correctness is gone mad.

Enda Kenny has not set the political stage alight. I think that - if he stops FG's national decline - he'd be doing an excellant job.

It seems to be silly season in the media - digging up dirt.

It is amazing how Irish media standards have dropped.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

sorry, but irish media standards have not dropped, the fact is the leader of the 'opposition' has made an apparently racist statement, if its not racist it is at least amazingly ignorant and generalised.

However, you are right in saying this is not the worst thing in the world, its still worth reporting, though.

Flogen

Advertisement