Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

alternative to cd-wow (hk and ie)

• 01-02-2004 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

hi folks,

perhaps this site has been mentioned before, but i can recommend it to all those who object to the levy being imposed by cd-wow (hk and ie).

go to cd-jungle

i did, and just had Sheryl Crow, best of, delivered for free at a cost of £7.99 which converted to a Euro charge of €11.78, with no surcharge :D:D

just checking on cd-wow, this would have cost over €16 from the ie site or €14 from the hk site.

anyone else have comments on this.

btw, the cd arrived within a week of the order being placed, in a jiffy bag, and perfect.

it was posted from United Arab Emirates, so i suppose those IRMA ppl will have it in their sights soon.:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

This is going to be like napster, everytime one gets hit another takes its place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Great site, they certainly have a much bigger range of CDs then CD Wow did, and they all seem to be at excellent prices. Just ordered Steely Dan's Alive in America (semi-rare album) for £7.99, cheapest elsewhere on line was $14.99 inc shipping.

Good job, irishpancake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

you're very welcome. robbie.

they do seem to have an extensive catalogue :cool:

you should pay the same as i did, about €11.78, free postage, no surcharge.

btw, it offers a Euro payment facility, through WorldPay, but i went with Sterling from my CC, and it cost less than their Euro quoted price. (just over €12).

every little counts:D :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I have just been taking a look at that site, and it certainly seems like a find.
    However, with regard to CD Wow, I had been using the Hong Kong site, so I decided to compare prices with CD Jungle and it appears as if the prices have not been changed, hence they are still cheapest.

http://www4.cd-wow.com.hk

Yeah but one you place the order and enter Ireland as the delivery country, thats when they slap on the extra €3. So when you're browsing CD WOW, the prices you see are not the prices you pay.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Yeah, I tried that (went all the way to the WorldPay screen), and it still listed the price as $105.99HK
    :confused:

You are dead right Samson, it didn't ask me for no €3 either. However I did try the same thing throught the .ie site, and lo and behold, got the same screen and still no sign of the extra €3! I looked back at a mail they sent everybody there about a week ago, and it stated that the date that the extra charges would commence from was 25th Jan.

Has anybody been charged this extra €3 yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Maybe you tried a chart CD, which includes no UK/Ireland surcharge. I haven't a clue why they do not apply (it states this on a banner on the UK CD WOW homepage).

And the HK CD WOW site has had yet another price increase, unfortunetly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yeah...i think the surcharge has been removed. fingers crossed...
    but the hong kong prices have been upped substantially in line with the uk site.

Hmmm tried a few non-chart CDs, still no sign of the surcharge. Have they found a way around it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There seems to be a banner up on cdwow.ie now saying" WOW No Additional Charges.. Chart CD's EUR 13.95"

Maybe this has been there all along but I have only noticed it this morning.

Just spotted this thread which seems to explain the situation a bit. It appears to me that CD WOW are still paying the surcharge on each CD, but somehow they've manage to juggle with their expenses/profit margins to make it appear as if you are not paying the surcharge.

Well impressed! I love CD-WOW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

Unfortunately, it appears that as of yesterday, CDWow.com.hk have upped their prices across the board to HK$125 (about EUR12.81). Still fairly cheap though.

Advertisement