Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extream IRC lag?

• 01-02-2004 3:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey, im wondering is there any new virii out there that would attack certain TCP apps like IRC? Natrually InternetExplorer is working fine, otherwise i wouldnt be typing this thread :)

All my UDP apps are working fine, pinging a scrumptious 20 ms to the average uk gaming server, and some apps that i use to ping server are working fine.

I connect to irc via a BNC (a private server so im effectivly online 24/7), the bnc never gives me problems. I would usually connect to that and then be on quakenet right away, so i thought that my bnc was acting up and that there was alot of bandwith being used, thus creating my lag to irc. I was wrong, Ive tried using other irc servers ranging from dal.net, barrysworld and b0rk to see if it was irc.barrysworld.com that was lagging, but it seems irc is the main app thats effected by what ever it is thats going on.

ping -t to anything fails, but if i use a tool like gamespy or the all seeing eye, they work fine. For example

www.pulsegaming.com ! Public #1|16ms|217.64.127.3:27035

Where as when i ping it in start -> run i get a t/o

Any ideas lads?

p.s. i do have a software and hardware firewall(with my router) both configured to allow what apps i want to use.

Cheers

reD.

Advertisement